18 Ways to Re-Wear Your Holiday Party Sequins
Fact: Here at Brit + Co HQ, we love wearing sequins. We love wearing sequins so much that we’ve made a pledge to wear them beyond the countless holiday soirees and New Year’s Eve shindigs. Because, if you ask us, a little extra sparkle is just what the doctor ordered. How else will we be able to combat those dreaded January blues? Check out these 18 blogger-inspired looks that make sequins completely wearable… even during the daytime.
2. Everyday Sequins: Looking for a surefire way to take your outfit up a notch? Just add a sequined top, of course. When layered underneath a utilitarian vest and jeans, you’ll be well equipped for a low-key Saturday. (via Bows and Sequins)
3. Green With Envy: Part sporty, part glam — we’re totally digging this chic sweatshirt-approved style that has cool girl written all over it. You know what they say — go bold or go home. (via Style Scrapbook)
5. Business Professional: Step up your professional look by throwing a sequined skirt into the mix. When paired with a chambray shirt and schoolboy blazer, this look will take you from the conference room to after hours in no time. (via Casual Glamorous)
9. Striped Sequined Shift Dress: Slip on a sequined shift dress with little to no accessories. For that finishing touch, add a crisp white collar like Bee did and you’ll be in business. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
10. Sequins Dressed Down: Casual is the name of the game most days. When you’re looking to add a bit of sparkle to your everyday getup, pair a striped sequined top with denim for a look that is the epitome of effortless. (via Cupcakes and Cashmere)
13. Party Sequin Dress: Party, party! Whether it’s NYE or your birthday, treating yourself to an uber sparkly dress is obligatory. Pink polka dot party balloons not included (unfortunately). (via Sterling Style)
15. A Touch of Sequins: Yup, it is possible to fly under the radar in sequins during the daytime. Emily Schuman manages to do just that by dressing down her sequined skirt with a plaid button down and green utility jacket. (via Cupcakes and Cashmere)
17. Season Sequins: ‘Tis the season to don sparkly sequined skirts, gold pumps and plaid blanket scarves. However, we think this sparkly skirt would be perfect for almost any occasion. Just replace the plaid scarf with a bold or floral pattern. (via A Lacey Perspective)
18. Stripes + Sequins: Say hello to the easiest styling trick in the book for pulling off sequins post-holidays. Just like Blair Eadie, we are prone to pairing our fave sequined skirt with a striped tee. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
How will you be wearing sequins this winter and beyond? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.