Just like its color counterpart, a little white dress looks great on all skin tones and body types in the right shade and silhouette. We’ve spotted the winter white trend on Taylor Swift and Queen Bey and completely nixed the whole “no white after Labor Day” rule. (Pssh, what fashion rules?) If you’re ready to jump on the other side of the color spectrum for this year’s holiday festivities, we found 17 flawless frocks that will warm you up to the idea of trading in your LBD for a LWD this winter. Party on!
1. Little White Lies Lace Shift Dress ($180): While there won’t be much (if any) snow falling in our neck of the woods, the delicate sheer sleeves of this snowy white collared dress still give us the shaken-snowglobe effect. Paired with burgundy booties and a sleek mane, this look transitions seamlessly from day to night.
2. Clove Sequin Shift Dress ($118): Sequins. Stripes. Snowy white. What more can you ask for in a wintry party dress?
3. ASOS CURVE Exclusive Textured Mono Dress With Asymmetric Hem ($60): This minimalist dress means business, people. While it isn’t completely white, we still love the embellished waist and asymmetrical hemline to add a bit of visual interest.
4. Self Portrait White Reflections Midi Dress ($464): From the deep part, sleek waves and crop top/midi skirt combo, we feel like this is a look we’ve seen (and double tapped) on Jessica Alba. The mesh panel accented with chevron arrows and a crisp collar — all of these design details come together for a #winning look.
5. ASOS Midi Dress in Knit With Sheer Overlay ($85): Here’s one you won’t need to pair with tights. Let your curves do all the talking in this midi dress and add some sparkle with a pair of statement earrings.
6. River Island Pleat Front Shift Dress ($91): This sleek shift takes a cue from Kate Middleton’s signature silhouette, and we love a dress with pockets. Layer on a couple of thin bangles or midi rings to complete the look.
7. Patterned Lace Shift Dress ($25): We’ve yet to meet a geometric pattern we didn’t like. This long-sleeved lacy number is the right amount of boho glam.
8. Cut Out One Sleeve in Texture Dress ($66): Show up in this stunning one-shoulder dress and get ready for all the compliments to come your way. Seriously, this one’s a head-turner.
9. ASOS Picnic Skater Dress ($85): The pleated skirt on this skater dress is meant for dancing and twirling.
10. River Island Peplum Scuba Dress ($72): It’s not a party until you pop out the peplum. Throw in a ruffle cascade with a scalloped hem, and it’s going to be a night to remember. You’ll want to show these details off, so an updo works best with this dress.
11. American Rag Plus Size Cap-Sleeve Metallic A-Line Dress ($55): Get gorgeous with this ultra-flattering silhouette. Think about how lovely this would look peeking out from under a bold winter statement coat.
12. Eliza J Embroidered Sequin Midi Dress ($178): Okay, the sequin embroidery on this shift dress is stun-ning. If you’re looking for a picture perfect number to wear for your winter engagement photo sesh, this one’s it.
13. TNFC Lola Sequin Skirt Dress ($53): You guys, the search is over! We found the ultimate NYE party dress. (This sequin skirt reminds us of The Rainbow Fish’s gorgeous scales.)
14. Modamix Plus Size Sequined Sheath Dress ($170): With this dress on, good times are bound to happen. Even if you don’t plan them, it’s like the universe knows you’re ready to let your hair down and shake it off.
15. Rhinestone & Sequins Dress ($50): We love watching Christmas light displays, and with this dress on, you’ll be a walking strand of icicle lights. Throw on a pair of tights to keep warm.
17. Byron Lars Carissima Sheath ($258): Whether you’ve got a fancy pants dinner party coming up or you want to impress your SO’s parents this holiday, this sheer panel dress is classy and sassy.
Will you rock a LWD to one of your holiday soirees? Tell us which one is your fave in the comments.