17 Ways You Can Swap Out Your LBD for a Winter LWD
Just like its color counterpart, a little white dress looks great on all skin tones and body types in the right shade and silhouette. We’ve spotted the winter white trend on Taylor Swift and Queen Bey and completely nixed the whole “no white after Labor Day” rule. (Pssh, what fashion rules?) If you’re ready to jump on the other side of the color spectrum for this year’s holiday festivities, we found 17 flawless frocks that will warm you up to the idea of trading in your LBD for a LWD this winter. Party on!
1. Little White Lies Lace Shift Dress ($180): While there won’t be much (if any) snow falling in our neck of the woods, the delicate sheer sleeves of this snowy white collared dress still give us the shaken-snowglobe effect. Paired with burgundy booties and a sleek mane, this look transitions seamlessly from day to night.
2. Clove Sequin Shift Dress ($118): Sequins. Stripes. Snowy white. What more can you ask for in a wintry party dress?
3. ASOS CURVE Exclusive Textured Mono Dress With Asymmetric Hem ($60): This minimalist dress means business, people. While it isn’t completely white, we still love the embellished waist and asymmetrical hemline to add a bit of visual interest.
4. Self Portrait White Reflections Midi Dress ($464): From the deep part, sleek waves and crop top/midi skirt combo, we feel like this is a look we’ve seen (and double tapped) on Jessica Alba. The mesh panel accented with chevron arrows and a crisp collar — all of these design details come together for a #winning look.
5. ASOS Midi Dress in Knit With Sheer Overlay ($85): Here’s one you won’t need to pair with tights. Let your curves do all the talking in this midi dress and add some sparkle with a pair of statement earrings.
6. River Island Pleat Front Shift Dress ($91): This sleek shift takes a cue from Kate Middleton’s signature silhouette, and we love a dress with pockets. Layer on a couple of thin bangles or midi rings to complete the look.
7. Patterned Lace Shift Dress ($25): We’ve yet to meet a geometric pattern we didn’t like. This long-sleeved lacy number is the right amount of boho glam.
8. Cut Out One Sleeve in Texture Dress ($66): Show up in this stunning one-shoulder dress and get ready for all the compliments to come your way. Seriously, this one’s a head-turner.
9. ASOS Picnic Skater Dress ($85): The pleated skirt on this skater dress is meant for dancing and twirling.
10. River Island Peplum Scuba Dress ($72): It’s not a party until you pop out the peplum. Throw in a ruffle cascade with a scalloped hem, and it’s going to be a night to remember. You’ll want to show these details off, so an updo works best with this dress.
11. American Rag Plus Size Cap-Sleeve Metallic A-Line Dress ($55): Get gorgeous with this ultra-flattering silhouette. Think about how lovely this would look peeking out from under a bold winter statement coat.
12. Eliza J Embroidered Sequin Midi Dress ($178): Okay, the sequin embroidery on this shift dress is stun-ning. If you’re looking for a picture perfect number to wear for your winter engagement photo sesh, this one’s it.
13. TNFC Lola Sequin Skirt Dress ($53): You guys, the search is over! We found the ultimate NYE party dress. (This sequin skirt reminds us of The Rainbow Fish’s gorgeous scales.)
14. Modamix Plus Size Sequined Sheath Dress ($170): With this dress on, good times are bound to happen. Even if you don’t plan them, it’s like the universe knows you’re ready to let your hair down and shake it off.
15. Rhinestone & Sequins Dress ($50): We love watching Christmas light displays, and with this dress on, you’ll be a walking strand of icicle lights. Throw on a pair of tights to keep warm.
17. Byron Lars Carissima Sheath ($258): Whether you’ve got a fancy pants dinner party coming up or you want to impress your SO’s parents this holiday, this sheer panel dress is classy and sassy.
Will you rock a LWD to one of your holiday soirees? Tell us which one is your fave in the comments.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.