Back to Cool: 17 DIYs to Organize Your Desk and Office
It’s just about that time again. Cars are packing up, books are being ordered and, if you’re a teacher, the woes of professional development have likely already begun. School will be back in session before you know it, and this year is the perfect time to resolve to keep your desk from becoming less of a mess. Here are the DIYs you’ll need to start the semester off right and get cracking before summer’s over.
1. Hanging Cubbies: Keep important stuff on hand and out of the way with these hanging cubbies. Using these will also help add visual interest to the room, so you can cool it with the ubiquitous gallery walls. (via Paper & Stitch)
4. DIY Grid Planter: Green is a fantastic color choice for keeping calm, so why not throw some plants into the mix? Coupled with this windowpane print (it’s the new plaid!), you’ve got the formula for a stylish and soothing workspace. (via Homey Oh My)
6. Geometric Pencil Cup: Fact: Writing utensils are more likely to be put to use when housed in a cute container. This geometric pencil cup will ensure that recording those genius ideas is within arm’s reach. (via Tiny Prints Blog)
9. Pegboard Letter: Fire up the power tools and get ready to add a punch of personality on the wall via this pegboard DIY. If you want to get extra ambitious, try spellling out a vocabulary word. (via Rue Rococo)
10. Concrete Planter: Levels of happiness while hitting the books directly depends on having fresh flowers nearby. Make this gorgeous vase using a mail tube and remember: chin up, buttercup. (via Paper & Stitch)
How do you organize your workspace? Tell us about yours in the comments!