Back to Cool: 17 DIYs to Organize Your Desk and Office
It’s just about that time again. Cars are packing up, books are being ordered and, if you’re a teacher, the woes of professional development have likely already begun. School will be back in session before you know it, and this year is the perfect time to resolve to keep your desk from becoming less of a mess. Here are the DIYs you’ll need to start the semester off right and get cracking before summer’s over.
1. Hanging Cubbies: Keep important stuff on hand and out of the way with these hanging cubbies. Using these will also help add visual interest to the room, so you can cool it with the ubiquitous gallery walls. (via Paper & Stitch)
4. DIY Grid Planter: Green is a fantastic color choice for keeping calm, so why not throw some plants into the mix? Coupled with this windowpane print (it’s the new plaid!), you’ve got the formula for a stylish and soothing workspace. (via Homey Oh My)
6. Geometric Pencil Cup: Fact: Writing utensils are more likely to be put to use when housed in a cute container. This geometric pencil cup will ensure that recording those genius ideas is within arm’s reach. (via Tiny Prints Blog)
9. Pegboard Letter: Fire up the power tools and get ready to add a punch of personality on the wall via this pegboard DIY. If you want to get extra ambitious, try spellling out a vocabulary word. (via Rue Rococo)
10. Concrete Planter: Levels of happiness while hitting the books directly depends on having fresh flowers nearby. Make this gorgeous vase using a mail tube and remember: chin up, buttercup. (via Paper & Stitch)
How do you organize your workspace? Tell us about yours in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)