20 DIYs for an Instagram-Worthy Holiday Table
Ah, the holiday dinner table. It’s a marriage of two things we adore here at Brit + Co — scrumptious holiday recipes and beautiful tabletop decor. We believe the best way to make our tablescape memorable is to add a custom touch (or three!). So we’ve gathered 20 of our best B+C DIYs for a festive tabletop that your guests will NEED to Instagram. And here’s a bonus — we’ve included a few beloved Brit Kit Collabs that will really take your tabletop to the next level. Read on for some awesome holiDIYs!
1. Design*Sponge Cheese Board: Have you checked out our Brit Kit Collabs yet? Among our favorites is this cheese board kit co-created with Design*Sponge. You can imprint your own design or monogram with the included wood burning tool for a gorgeous custom board. Pick up the kit in the B+C Shop to make it yourself!
2. Color-Block Candle Holders: Does your food take up the most real estate on the table? This DIY votive kit will add a sleek geometric pop to your tablescape without getting in the way of your green bean casserole.
3. Locket Place Cards: Ready for an awesome take on the classic drink tag? Place your favorite pic of each guest in an old locket for a memorable (and definitely gram-worthy) touch.
4. Sweater Mason Jar Candles: Cozy up your tabletop with this sweet sweater mason jar DIY. We’re feeling cozy just looking at them :)
5. Snow Globe Jar: Interactive centerpiece, anyone? DIY these easy-peasy, inexpensive and simply adorable snow globes for an instant winter wonderland. (Pro tip: these will also keep the kid’s table entertained!)
6. Gold White Candle Holders: A little bit of color blocking goes a long way. Give a modern update to classic candelabras with this elegant paint job.
7. Almost Makes Perfect Stamped Napkins: We paired up with Almost Makes Perfect for another favorite Brit Kit Collab — stamped napkins! Use fabric paint on custom homemade stamps for a graphic addition to your dinner table. Buy the kit in the B+C Shop!
8. Origami Wreath: Add a punch of pattern to your tablescape with this origami DIY. Place these wreaths over plain old trivets so your dishes can rest on something pretty :)
9. The Easiest Gilded Bowls Ever: Lacking in holiday dishware? Gussy up casual plates and bowls with gold contact paper for a quick facelift. (Our resident DIY genius, Anj, swears by this gilding project.)
10. A Subtle Revelry Candleholders: Snow-capped wood blocks give this candleholder kit a festive touch without being overly Christmas-y. Check out this Brit Kit Collab with A Subtle Revelry in the B+C Shop!
11. Gold-Dipped Ceramics: Seeing a pattern, here? Evidently, we’re partial to gold color blocking :) If you prefer little bouquets to a big centerpiece, look no further. This kit is also available in the B+C Shop!
12. Painted Glassware: Looking to add a festive vibe to your glassware? Try dressing up your tumblers with paint pens. The design options are endless.
13. Vegetable Vases: Alright, this DIY really takes the cake. Transform seasonal fruits and veggies into vases and candleholders for a winter harvest statement centerpiece. We’re really swooning over this one.
14. DIY Neon Napkins and Tea Towels: Bring a technicolor punch to your tableware with this tumble dye DIY. Here’s another pro tip — customize each napkin with a guest’s name so it doubles as a place card!
15. Pumpkin and Leaf Place Cards and Calligraphy 101 Kit: Yay, a 2-for-1 DIY! Pair tiny gourds and painted leaves with our Calligraphy 101 Kit for an elegant autumnal feel. Fasten the calligraphed name tags to mini poinsettias for a more wintry version of this DIY.
16. Gold Dipped Bud Vases: Picture these gold-dipped vases filled with winter berries and roses, surrounded by Christmas ham, mashed potatoes and the ultimate homemade eggnog. Now there’s a Instagrammable moment :)
17. Candy Cane Votives: Brit featured these candy cane candle votives (or “candle canes,” as they’ve been dubbed here) on the Today Show a few years back, and they’ve been an HQ favorite holiDIY ever since. Check out the clip here!
18. Metallic Salt and Pepper Shakers: Is it normal to have a crush on contact paper? Because we’re crushing HARD on copper paper over here. Seriously, add it to any household item for an instant upgrade. These salt and pepper shakers are the perfect place to start.
19. Centerpiece Basket: More color-blocked gold goodness — a DIY that’s reusable in other parts of your home. Pair with classic poinsettias or a seasonal bouquet for a beautiful centerpiece.
Are you making a brag-worthy DIY tabletop this holiday season? Show us your gorgeous tablescape on Instagram with the hashtag #britstagram!