This DIY Unicorn Couples Costume Is #GOALS
Unicorns are trending. Actual data scientists stand behind this statement, and so do we. Call it an ode to our Lisa Frank-influenced ‘90s hearts, call it a craving for a more magical time — whatever you call it, don’t call it a comeback. Unicorns never left and they’re here to stay. Today, we’re creating a Halloween couples costume made of pure magic: a Unicorn Couple.
Important things you need to know before considering this costume:
Materials + Tools:
How to Make Your Unicorn Onesies
1. Spray glitter all over each cotton onesie. It may take two coats and some of the glitter tends to shake off.
2. Cut tulle into strips and group together into a tail. Use another piece of tulle to tie the tail around the body. You can actually tie it onto your waist and pull the tail out of the bum flap of your onesie!
3. To create a unicorn headband, make a white cone out of cardstock. Then create two ears out of white cardstock with pink paint. Attach all of this to a headband. Do the same with the silver baseball hat.
On David: To create this look, paint a light blue cream makeup on the T zone to sort of mock a horse nose and face. Then add a lime green shadow to line his eyes for a pop of color and dimension. Lastly, add an orange brow or ear-like shapes to bring that equine vibe. It’s best to use paint brushes that are fine and firm so you can get the most control while painting on your face.
- cotton onesies
- gold glitter fabric spray
- 4 yards of tulle in various colors
- white card stock
- pink paint
- silver baseball hat
- hot glue gun + glue
- silver sparkly wig
Crazy Colorful Unicorn Makeup Tutorial
On Anj: This look pretty much consists of multi-pastel-colored cream makeup painted onto the eyes with a watercolor effect. You can be really creative with your color scheme or use the lavender, blue, pink and greens that we used here. To seal the deal, add silver to your eyebrows and inside corners of your eyes as a highlight, a bright pink blush and a metallic pink lipstick.
Subtle Silver Unicorn Makeup Tutorial
How magically cute is that?
Being a unicorn is a very serious matter.