Win V-Day With 15 DIY Valentine Gift Boxes
Valentine’s Day is only a few short weeks away, and we like to think that as the holiday rolls around we’ll be well-prepared with some awesome DIY gifts and sweet treats for our loved ones. But what’s the point of going through the trouble if you’re going to give your honey their present in a plain ol’ Russell Stover box? No no, you are much too design savvy for that sort of thing. Don’t worry, we’re not asking you to go out of your way with handmade truffles. Instead, just swap out the boring chocolate or gift box for one of these babies and your valentine will be seriously impressed. Here are 15 ways to dress up and DIY some stunning V-Day gift boxes.
1. Sequined Hearts: We love this DIY because it’s so simple: Just take your classic drugstore chocolate box and cover it with bright pink sequins! The little bit of extra effort makes all the difference. (via Freutcake)
2. XOXO: No, this isn’t a game of tic-tac-toe… though now that we mention it, that’s a great idea for some other fun wrapping paper. In the meantime, these red hugs and kisses will have to do the trick. (via Sugar and Cloth)
3. Be Mine: You’ve probably outgrown those chalky conversation hearts, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on the Valentine’s Day tradition entirely. This box fits the bill and it’s great for stuffing with all sorts of delicious candy. (via The House That Lars Built)
4. A Sweet Treat: These adorable boxes are the perfect container for cookies, cupcakes and other sweet treats. A soft coating of tissue paper inside should protect your precious cargo until it reaches its destination: your friends’ bellies. (via The Tom Kat Studio)
5. Heart Wrapping Paper: Put some heart into your wrapping paper this V-Day. With two different (and equally awesome) designs, these beautifully wrapped boxes will show just how strong your love is. (via The House That Lars Built)
7. Glitter Hearts: These mini boxes are just the right size for filling with a few chocolate kisses or some candy hearts. Have your child give these out at school and they’ll be the most-loved student all year. (via The House That Lars Built)
9. Heart Tote: If you’ve got a gift that simply won’t fit in a box, or you want a cute way to carry over some bottles of wine, this heart tote is your answer. And if you’re planning some outdoor festivities, might we say it’s the perfect romantic picnic bag? (via V and Co)
11. Don’t Toss That Box: Save your candy boxes when the chocolate’s all gone, then deck ’em out with all the glam accessories you can find. The final result will be a unique box you can use to store anything from crafting tools to sewing goodies and so much more. (via Brit + Co)
13. Heart Attack: If candy and sweets aren’t options for your gift-giving extravaganza, perhaps this surprise will do the trick. After all, it’s hard not to love a giant box of pink heart confetti. (via The House That Lars Built)
14. Tag It: When your perfect gift box is all wrapped up and ready to go, finish it off with a sweet, vintage-inspired letter tag. The personalized touch will also help you keep track of all your gifts. (via Martiz Alisa)
Do you have any special ways to wrap gifts on Valentine’s Day? Which of the DIY crafts above are you excited to try this year? Tell us below in the comments.