The evites have gone out, the movie ballots printed and the champagne chilled for you and your fave pals to gather and watch the star-studded Academy Awards (Oscars, for short). You’re all set with fab DIY Oscars decor, you have your red carpet-worthy dress picked out and there will even be some sparkly snacks in tow. All you need now are the quick, award-winning appetizers that will make your Oscars viewing party the absolute best. Get your speech ready, because these 14 apps are going to win you an award for best party food in 15 minutes or less.
1. Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pinwheels: Your vegan friends are going to flip when they find out that these creamy pinwheels are friendly for them to eat. Meanwhile, the carnivorous crew will be none the wiser, so everyone is satisfied. (via Minimalist Baker)
3. Truffle Brussels (Sprouts) Chips: An Oscars party requires the fanciest of appetizers, and it doesn’t get much more high-brow than a bit of truffle oil. The best part is that they take under 10 minutes to make, which means more time for you to get glammed up. (via Aris Menu)
4. Feta and Hummus Stuffed Mini Peppers: Dips are great, but sometimes it’s nice only having finger foods to pass around. Store-bought hummus works just fine here, and saves you a ton of time. (via Bourbon and Honey)
5. Garlic Mushroom and Brie Toast: These hearty toasts are so full of flavor, you would think they took all day to prepare. Try serving on grilled crostini for a more bite-sized version that will surely be adored by all. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
6. Kiwi Jalapeño Chutney Bites: Kiwi is definitely the underdog of the fruit world. Their sweet and sour element goes perfectly with the jalapeño and cream cheese that tops these crispy rice cracker bites. With just a little bit of a kick, it’s hard to resist these apps. (via Chef De Home)
7. Layered Pesto Dip: You can’t say no to a hot dip that has only four ingredients and literally takes 10 minutes to soften in the oven. Make double — when you serve this with herbed crackers or pita chips, it will be gone before the opening remarks are over. (via Is This Really My Life)
8. Bruschetta With Ricotta Mousse and Prosciutto: Lemony ricotta mousse is the star of this bruschetta. The all-star cast of a crunchy baguette, creamy ricotta, buttery brie and salty prosciutto is an ensemble that seems super fancy but is so easy to assemble. (via Vessy’s Day)
9. Olive Oil and Parmesan Popcorn: No ordinary popcorn will do on Oscar Night. Stud your viewing area with bowls of this popcorn that’s simply flavored with Parmesan and Italian seasoning for light munching. (via Gimme Some Oven)
10. Pecan and Boursin Stuffed Dates: It’s amazing how much flavor you can get out of just three ingredients. No worries if you run out, because these date bites can be made in a quick commercial break. Just make sure to buy extra ingredients for that inevitable second helping. (via Imagelicious)
11. Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skewers: Every party needs an appetizer with a kick. Whatever you do, don’t skip the sweet and spicy dipping sauce that’s made with just mayo, Sriracha and sweetened condensed milk. (via Damn Delicious)
12. Spring Pea Crostini With Feta and Dill: Put that lonely bag of frozen peas hanging out in the freezer to good use and whip up this incredibly easy crostini. The fresh spring flavors would go perfectly with a nice glass of bubbly… or two. (via Well Plated)
13. Sweet Vinegar Peanuts: Your friends are going to go nuts (pun intended) for these addictive sticky peanuts. You can serve them straight from the oven or cold, depending on your preference. Simply top with sesame seeds and cilantro for an added dose of brightness. (via Pickled Plum)
14. Endive With Blue Cheese, Pecans and Cranberries: Nothing says,”I’m super fancy and ready to party” like an endive boat. When everyone starts asking who catered, you can smugly tell them it was ALL you. (via Imagelicious)
Follow us on Pinterest for even more Oscar party inspiration!