26 DIY Ways to Use Fall Leaves
Let nature become your muse and your supplies as you figure out ways to incorporate leaves into every aspect of your DIY life. Soon enough, you’ll be able to find these bad boys everywhere, but rather than tossing out that big pile that’s sitting in your yard, decorate your walls, your table and even yourself with ’em! Your house will feel festive and fall-ish for as long as you need (until it’s time for the holidays, maybe?).
2. Leaf Crown: We cannot get over how adorable these crowns are. So adorable, in fact, that we’re probably going to make one for ourselves and wear it around the house Princess Di style. (via Varpunen)
5. Book Page Garland: Though not actually made from real leaves, we’ll forgive it because this garland is made from old books, and that’s pretty much the same thing, only more awesome. (via The Nester)
6. Stenciled Leaf Mug: A teeny tiny daily reminder of how great it is when the leaves fall and the weather calls for sweaters and lattes spiced with pumpkin, this mug was made for you. (via Hands Occupied)
14. Painted Fall Leaves: There are endless possibilities of what colors and designs you can put on leaves, not to mention where you can hang them. They’re sure to add cheer to any upcoming dreary days. (via Grow Creative)
19. Leaf Animals: Stop making turkey drawings from the outline of your hand. Instead, work on these fantastic leaf animal faces. Bonus: Get the kids involved and see what they come up with. (via Handmade Charlotte)
21. Last Minute Centerpiece: Those sitting at the kids table will love the colors and the grown-ups will be envious of your mad sewing skills. This bright centerpiece is as easy to make as it is cute. (via Alisa Burke)
26. Dried Leaf Garland: With your choice of paint colors, this dried leaf garland could be made any time of the year. But we’re partial to using it as lovely party decor during the autumn months. (via A Fabulous Fete)
Have you made something fabulous out of that pile of leaves in your front yard? Show us in the comments!