A Dozen Free Ways to Spruce Up Your Space
It happens to the best of us: The proudly decorated and immaculately organized home we once adored becomes boring and stale. A little creativity and elbow grease can help you overcome the desire to overhaul it all. We’ve shown you how to breathe new life into a tired space on the cheap by trying out some DIY wall art, decorating with reclaimed wood or adding unexpected pops of color. But if you’re looking for totally free updates, we have a dozen right here.
3. Organize a Collection: Your collections reflect your true loves but so many times they’re collecting dust on an out-of-reach shelf. Resurrect that box of classic Barbies or that grade school butterfly collection and put them center stage. (via Design*Sponge)
5. Swap Out Fabrics: You love the pattern on those dorm sheets but they’ve been washed one too many times. Breathe new life into your old fabrics with simple no-sew covers for your dated throw pillows. (via Live Love DIY)
6. Bring Outdoors In: There’s no good reason to keep those silk flowers in that vase when nature provides the ideal replacement. Find your favorite funky branch and make the swap to a more woodsy look. (via Houzz)
9. Move Lighting: A simple update you’ll wish you did sooner is adding light to a dim space. Don’t be afraid to mix it up and even move a little office lighting into the kitchen to achieve your best glow ever. (via The Kitchn)
10. Repurpose Seating: Today’s boring chair can be tomorrow’s new favorite piece of furniture just by giving it a new job. Pull that seat up to your bedside and you have a brand new nightstand. (via White With Three)
Got any tricks for a free home makeover? Spruce up the space in the comments below!