18 Unconventional Grape Recipes
Summer is prime for eating fruit, especially in new + interesting ways. Incorporating peaches and pineapples into scrumptious dishes is a warm-weather staple, but there might be a foodie fruit you’ve been overlooking: grapes! We know you love grapes as a sweet snack and in a glass, but what about in your recipes? Check out these 18 recipes featuring grapes to brighten up your meals today!
1. Salmon + Red Grape Agrodolce: Agrodolce is an Italian take on sweet and sour. Bring vibrancy into your sauce and onto your broiled salmon by adding red grapes. You’ll thank us later :) (via Cara’s Cravings)
2. Wild Rice With Roasted Grapes and Walnuts: Wild rice is a side dish staple. Bringing roasted grapes and walnuts in add a texture and complexity that’ll have you wondering why you didn’t cook this up sooner. (via Oh My Veggies)
3. Seared Pork with Roasted Grapes: Looking to modernize a dinnertime classic? Seared pork chops ditch the applesauce for a coating of roasted grapes and spices in this dish. You’re welcome! (via Bev Cooks)
5. Concord Grape Cornmeal Cake: This is a great dessert for those looking to give fruitcake a totally new take. The deep flavor of concord grapes get a touch of sweetness from honey and come together to create a deliciously balanced cake. (via Bon Appetit)
7. Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese and Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: Scroll back up and look at that gorgeous sweet potato again. Glorious roasted grapes, honey and tangy goat cheese cozy up in a sweet potato you’ll want to eat again and again. (via How Sweet It Is)
8. Grape and Prosciutto Crostini: If you’re looking for an appetizer that combines sweet and savory, look no further than this crostini. Goat cheese, prosciutto, grapes and rocket make for a starter so yummy, you won’t even want to eat your meal. (via My Foodbook)
9. Grape Salsa: Looking for a new way to have a snack? Serve this sweet and savory salsa that nixes the tomato and swaps in red and green grapes for a sweet, juicy salsa that brings together everything your palette craves. (via Cookie Monster Cooking)
10. Concord Grape Sorbet: The lovely color of this sorbet is enough to make us want to try it out. Even better? The quintessential grape juice flavor will bring you back to your lunchbox days, so give it a go and get nostalgic. (via Desserts for Breakfast)
11. Grape, Avocado and Arugula Salad: Our love affair with avocado runs deep. Pairing it with sweet grapes, peppery arugula, crunchy walnuts and tangy goat cheese makes us love it even more. (via Gimme Some Oven)
12. Kale, Grape and Blue Cheese Flatbread: Kale is the wonder veggie of our time. We know you love it as a snack, so give it a try on this flatbread with tangy blue cheese and sweet grapes for flavor that can’t be beat. (via Foxes Love Lemons)
13. Cucumber Salad with Grapes and Poppyseed Dressing: Poppy seeds, Greek yogurt, and grapes mix it up with baby cucumbers for a light yet satisfying salad. This one keeps for a few days, so make a big batch and have lunch for a few days. (via Oh Sweet Basil)
14. Concord Grape Cream Squares: This raw dessert is as pretty as it is yummy, and with ingredients like almonds, flax seed and oats, it’s a sweet treat that’s virtually guilt free. Besides, how often do you get the chance to make a dessert containing Irish moss? (via Sweetly Raw)
15. Brussels Sprout + Grape Galette: If you’re one of those people who doesn’t like Brussels sprouts, we’re asking you to hear us out on this one. Picture these little guys snuggling up with sweet red grapes and salty Parmesan cheese in a beautifully buttery galette crust. Top it off with a balsamic reduction, and you’ve got yourself a winner. (via Oh My Veggies)
16. Fig and Grape Tart: Feel like gettin’ figgy with it? Slice up this savory fig and grape tart and serve it up at your next party. Word from Kitchen Confidante is that it pairs well with white wine, so drink up! (via Kitchen Confidante)
17. Grilled Cheese with Chicken, Cheddar and Grapes: If simplicity is the name of your game, we’re sure that grilled cheeses are your jam. Thinly sliced grapes, chicken and cheddar cheese make for a sandwich that you didn’t know you were missing. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
18. Grape Stuffed Squash: Last but not least, here’s a pick from Martha Stewart (aka the queen of all things DIY and delightful). Acorn squash is stuffed with roasted grains, sage, shallots, and grapes for a delicious and nutritious side dish you’ll love. Use the grain of your liking and make this one your own. (via Martha Stewart)
Any way that you use grapes that wasn’t shown here? Share your own recipes via Twitter!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)