Pet costumes are one of our favorite parts of Halloween over at Brit + Co. In fact, last year we had a contest for them! We’ve seen some really cute stuff. A Harry Potter Maltese. A Chia Pet Pug. But we have to admit, we’ve never seen a horse in costume. We’re talking way past a simple braided mane here. Check out these horses of a different
1. John Horse: Horses are accustomed to working the fields, but with the right gear, they’re equipped for anything! (via Distractify)
2. Little Bo Pony: This one really stands out from the herd. (via Distractify)
3. Ele-can’t: It’s either a real master of disguise or a really small elephant. (via Distractify)
4. Cowardly Horse: Okay, in the original story, Dorothy doesn’t ride the Cowardly Lion. Maybe this is for a remake?
5. Rocking Horse: Duh! If you’re going to dress up as a girl riding a rocking horse, why not just hop on an actual horse?
6. Reindeer: If Halloween is not your thing, feel free to skip right on to Christmas. (via The Cheshire Horse)
7. Pirate Horse: We think that this equine partner in crime is best suited for pirating on land. (via Distractify)
8. Poodle Horse: With the right hair poufs in the right places, this horse is ready to doo-wop. (via Pinterest)
9. Super Horse: The next time we’re in danger, hopefully this guy gallops to the rescue. Pretty sure he can’t change in a phone booth though. (via Distractify)
10. Subhay: You can’t beat a punny horse costume! (via Pinterest)
11. Skele-horse: If you’ve got a barn haunted house planned, this horse could be perfect for a haunted hay ride. (via Distractify)
12. Frap Horse: This is probably the best of the bunch! Horse and rider dressed as a barista and frappucino! Genius. (via Frases Country)
Have you seen a horse in costume? What’s your favorite? Let us know in the comments!