10 Simple Ways to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger
We all want bigger eyes, don’t we, ladies? If you’re anything like us, you’re dying to make your peepers pop this holiday season. Normally we’d stick with our go-to tricks: smokey eyes and faux lashes, which are perfect for a night on the town. But those tricks just won’t do for an ice-skating date, afternoon coffee run or at the office (unless you’re Kim K, of course). That’s why we scoured the web and our own beauty tips to dig up 10 easy ways to achieve that doe-eyed look you’re after. With the right shade of concealer, a swipe (or two) of mascara and a couple of other simple tweaks, you’ll get the bright-eyed look instantly.
1. Treat Puffy Eyes: Nothing is worse than waking up with puffy eyes. After you’re done brewing your morning green tea, cool the bags and then apply them to your eyes. The caffeine will help reduce puffiness and even help with dark circles. (via Good Housekeeping)
2. Conceal Under Eye Circles: Are dark under eye circles cramping your style? With the right concealer, all your problems can disappear by not only masking darkness and discoloration, but also illuminating the entire eye area. Be sure to choose a shade that’s lighter and warmer than your skin tone. (via Byrdie)
3. Try a Slight Cat Eye: Enhance and frame your eyes with a winged eyeliner look a la Lauren Conrad. Apply a super skinny dark brown eyeliner to your upper lid and extend the tip. Use your lashes as your guide. (via PopSugar)
4. Use an Eyelash Curler: This simple step is usually forgotten in the morning rush, but you can instantly makes your eyes pop by doing it. Pro tip: Heat your curler ($18) with a hairdryer for a few seconds to pack an extra curling punch.
5. Mascara, Mascara, Mascara: Did we mention mascara? Apply two to three coats of lengthening and volumizing mascara ($20) to get those sexy lashes.
7. Play With Colors: Pick up vibrant, light-reflecting shades to help make your eyes pop. This versatile palette ($12) in nude hues is perfect for shading and highlighting your eyes.
8. Use a Highlighter: Find the light… or at least fake it. Try a pearly eyeshadow or highlighter stick ($30) on the center of your lids, underneath your brow bone and the inner corners of your eyes. This will instantly brighten them up, we promise. (via PopSugar)
10. Groomed Eyebrows: Bold eyebrows have been all the rage lately, thanks to It girls like Cara Delevingne and Keira Knightley. Pick a shape that flatters and accentuates your eyes. Just be sure to keep them groomed by plucking any stray hairs. (via ELLE)
Do you have any pro tips on brightening your eyes that we left off our list? Spill in the comments!