Ice Rings: The Pinterest-Worthy Summer Drink Hack That Will Make Your Life Easier
No matter what time of year it is, punch recipes are a party must-have. The only problem is that it’s hard to keep such a large amount of liquid chilled until the last guest leaves. The solution to this is a Pinterest-worthy hack you’ll be devastated you didn’t discover sooner… the ice ring. The method is simple enough: You fill a Bundt pan with freezable liquid and any flavorings or garnish of your choosing, then put it in the freezer until solid. It takes forever to melt since it’s *so* big, and you’re left with perfectly cold punch all night long. Keep reading for six versions of this amazing DIY that will totally make your summer tablescapes.
1. Pineapple Cranberry Ice Ring: The holidays are full of family, fun and, of course, booze. To enhance grandma’s classic punch recipe, make a festive ice ring using cranberries, mint and pineapple juice. (via A Family Feast)
2. Donut Pan Ice Rings: If you have several different punch recipes you need to chill (or you just want to fill them with different ingredients), try using a donut pan or mini Bundt pan. You’ll end up with several smaller ice rings that are *almost* too adorable to serve. (via That’s So Michelle)
3. DIY Ice Ring: You’re always looking for ways to spice up the non-alcoholic baby shower punch. For a light and fresh spring ice ring, add sliced lemons, blueberries and sage. Don’t be afraid to pack the garnishes in the Bundt pan, because the fuller it is, the prettier it looks! (via Lavin Label)
4. DIY Ice Rings for Party Punch: The trick to making the perfect ice ring is choosing an edible garnish that echoes the ingredients of your punch. For a fall-inspired punch ring, reach for dried apples, star anise and herbs. (via Sugar and Charm)
5. Peach and Thyme Ice Ring: Your backyard summer BBQ is the perfect opportunity to debut this ice ring. It’s speckled with fresh seasonal peaches and thyme that look beautiful and flavor your punch even more once it melts. (via Camille Styles)
6. Pomegranate Mojito Punch Ring: Loading your Bundt pan with the arils of a whole pomegranate makes for a gorgeous ice ring when inverted into your punch. Try this one out on Thanksgiving for maximum appreciation. (via Katie at the Kitchen Door)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy cocktail + party ideas.