15 IKEA Hacks for the Plants in Your Life
What’s better than a fabulous planter to put your new plants in? An affordable planter you hacked from IKEA, of course. Whether you’re carefully babying an indoor herb garden or are looking for a way to DIY a vertical garden on the patio, you can always count on IKEA for inexpensive products that do double duty as really cool planters and pots.
1. Ikea Plant Hack: Turning a simple table runner into covers for five pots? Talk about stretching your DIY dollar. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Tissue Paper Covered Pots: Add some color to your classic terra cotta pots with this easy, stripey DIY. (via Tell Love and Party)
3. DIY Mid-Century Planters: Keep the legs au natural or dip them in some bright paint — the choices are endless when it comes to personalizing these great stands. (via Sugar & Cloth)
4. Belted Hanging Pots: Add a textured element to your hanging pots by using a thrift-store belt instead of a metal hook. (via IKEA Hackers)
5. Indoor Herb Garden: There is nothing better than having fresh herbs at your fingertips to cook with. So turn that IKEA Vurm wine bottle holder into a cool planter that takes your garden off the floor and up onto the wall. (via Curbly)
6. Legged Basket Planter: You may have some of these baskets sitting around the house already, and the worn-in look could give plants an extra touch. (via Fall For DIY)
7. SOCKER Greenhouse ($20): Okay, technically this isn’t a hack: This is just IKEA being awesome. Seriously though, how adorable (and useful!) is this little window sill greenhouse?
8. DIY Acacia Wood Plant Stand: The IKEA PS plant stand is cool on its own, but you can make it your own by swapping them out with wooden trays. (via Sugar & Cloth)
9.Fruit Bowl Planter: We actually think we like the IKEA Tradig fruit bowl better as a planter. Plus, it’s already got all the drainage you need. (via IKEA Hackers)
10. Plant Pot Shelves: Is it just us, or is there something infinitely cooler about setting your potted plants in the shelf rather than on it? (via IKEA Hackers)
11. Tension Rod Garden: For this hack you won’t even need a drill — can you say renter-friendly? Just use a tension rod to hang your garden right inside your sunniest window. (via IKEA Hackers)
12. ANVÄNDBAR Hanging Plant Holder ($13): This isn’t technically a hack either, but these hanging planters are just dying to be customized. Make that boho style your own!
13. Brass Plate Wall Planter DIY: This shiny wall planter comes together with just a few of these pots and some wood. Consider filling with faux plants for a finished look you never have to worry about. (via A Beautiful Mess)
15. IKEA FRIDFULL ($6): This planter comes with a plastic liner inside making it totally waterproof. We think they’d look amazing dipped in paint to stand out in your plant nook.
What are your favorite IKEA pots and planters? Tell us what you’re planting @britandco!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.