12 Concepts for the iPhone 6 We Hope We See IRL Tomorrow
The day is (almost) finally here! The moment you’ve all been waiting for, whether you’re a tech geek to the extreme, or just dying for an upgrade you’ve had September 9 starred, circled and underlined on your calendar for Apple’s iPhone 6 announcement. After months of rumors, leaked photos and tons of (mis)information about Apple’s next money maker, we’re just DYING to know: What will the new phone actually look like? We collected some concepts and ideas that, believe it or not, are making us even more excited for the new phone. Even if the real deal doesn’t look anything like the below, it’s fun to dream isn’t it?
1. A Simple, Clean Interface: This colorful concept shows one of the most common ideas floating around: a wraparound screen. Here, the buttons on the side change depending on what app you have pulled up on the front. Love the idea, but we see a lot of pocket calls and mistake tweets happening (eek). Fine, fine, so this may be more of an… iPhone 8, but we think this might be the most dreamy concept we’ve clicked across. (via Design Modo)
2. Just Like The Old Phone, Only Bigger: One rumor that seems to be accepted as pretty standard fact by now is that the phone will come in two sizes: 4.7 inches or 5.5 inches. The latter, for reference, is closer to an Android size than anything yet offered by Apple. The only downside to this concept is nothing else seems to have changed but the size of the phone. Guess we’ll have to wait to unlock its secrets once it’s finally released. (via BGR)
3. New Ways To Keep in Touch: iOS 8 is bringing plenty of new updates along with it. In fact, we wrote an entire roundup of them. But one of our favorites is the new chat management, which allows you to mute, name and set chats to “do not disturb” mode. This beautiful design shows just how that might look on the new phone. It’s simple, clear and just as easy as you need it to be. Tell all your friends. (via Mirror.Co and Design Modo)
4. Rounded Edges: While some concepts are touting the wraparound screen and seamless design, others are just envisioning a more “Android-looking” phone with beveled edges, a larger screen and dark metals. This concept kind of looks like a hybrid between a Windows Phone, Android and iPhone rolled up in one. If Apple is trying to straddle the market for all three with a design similar to this, they may have a winner. (via Mark Pelin Design)
5. Super Slim and Sleek: This sleek iPhone concept might be too thin to even build, but that doesn’t stop us from loving this high-style concept. Even better, the thin display incorporates your surroundings into “transparent” wallpapers using tiny cameras, alerts you when you need to charge your battery and features those awesomely clear retina displays. It may not be realistic, but gosh it would be cool if this could be more than just a dream. (via SCAVids)
6. A Holographic Display: Just when you thought the iPhone 6 concepts couldn’t get even more like a science fiction movie, here comes the holographic phone. This concept imagines holographic projectors on either side of the phone, illuminating from the sides of the physical display. The idea is that it could be used for gaming, checking images or even as a holographic keyboard. We say: totally freaking cool (via Set Solution)
7. Glow in the Dark: Need to find your phone in the dark? This concept adds in a feature called Nightlite, which illuminates your home button, bezel and Apple icon as soon as it gets dark. And that icon might actually keep you from missing your important notifications; it will light up when your phone is face down to let you know about new messages. You’ll never have to miss a text again, unless of course you want to. (via CIP)
8. Airy Light: This iPhone 6 “Air” model goes back to the glossy glass back of the old iPhone 5, but that’s where the similarities end. Matte metal edges and edge-to-edge display make this idea more of a mashup between a Retina display iPad and an older phone. With that larger screen and flat design however, it’s all new to us and we’re loving it. (via NWE)
9. It Comes With A Companion: As awesome as some of these new concepts may be, it would still be hard to find a way to lug a 5.5 inch monster phone everywhere you go. That extra weight could drag you down, which is why Apple is rumored to be releasing the iWatch, too. While this addition might not be available until 2015, it’s said that it will make it easier for you to run small tasks, like texting, turning on a health tracking app even paying for your next cuppa Starbucks without needing to reach for your phone. We love this sleek pairing and envisioning how the two pieces of tech could flow together. (via Martin Hajek)
10. Ready to Go Dashboard: Another gorgeous concept art features a ready to go dashboard for all your data processing needs. We love the bright neon colors that keep the design of the graphs sleek and sharp. Add to that a meticulous organization and easy to read design, and we think this phone is the next essential work tool. (via Design Modo)
11. Colored and Curved Cases: This concept reminds us a lot of the Nokia phone that came out a few years ago, which featured a clear glass screen surrounded by a durable, colorful case. We love the iPhone’s classy white and rose gold version in this artwork, which also includes tapered edges, a thinner body, and a cleanly illuminated home button. (via Martin Hajek)
12. It’s Got Eyes?: Your selfie/instagram/hyperlapse/video taking game might be getting a major boost. Rumors are swirling around about the new camera’s ability to process more megapixels than ever before. This concept artist imagined what such a camera would look like, and came up with tiny “eye”-like lenses that extend to take photos. Click the link to see the cool technology in action. (via CIP)
13. It’s Ready to Be Your Home Keeper: The next operating system for the iPhone, iOS 8, will feature an entire kit to help you sync your phone to smart appliances and settings around your house. This bonus concept takes that idea and runs with it, exploring how your phone could possibly connect to your thermostat and A/C, or automatically unlock your house depending on where you are. How’s that for mobile security? (via Martin Hajek)
Are you as eager as we are to see if the rumors are true? Can’t wait for the new iPhone 6? Let us know below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.