12 Concepts for the iPhone 6 We Hope We See IRL Tomorrow
The day is (almost) finally here! The moment you’ve all been waiting for, whether you’re a tech geek to the extreme, or just dying for an upgrade you’ve had September 9 starred, circled and underlined on your calendar for Apple’s iPhone 6 announcement. After months of rumors, leaked photos and tons of (mis)information about Apple’s next money maker, we’re just DYING to know: What will the new phone actually look like? We collected some concepts and ideas that, believe it or not, are making us even more excited for the new phone. Even if the real deal doesn’t look anything like the below, it’s fun to dream isn’t it?
1. A Simple, Clean Interface: This colorful concept shows one of the most common ideas floating around: a wraparound screen. Here, the buttons on the side change depending on what app you have pulled up on the front. Love the idea, but we see a lot of pocket calls and mistake tweets happening (eek). Fine, fine, so this may be more of an… iPhone 8, but we think this might be the most dreamy concept we’ve clicked across. (via Design Modo)
2. Just Like The Old Phone, Only Bigger: One rumor that seems to be accepted as pretty standard fact by now is that the phone will come in two sizes: 4.7 inches or 5.5 inches. The latter, for reference, is closer to an Android size than anything yet offered by Apple. The only downside to this concept is nothing else seems to have changed but the size of the phone. Guess we’ll have to wait to unlock its secrets once it’s finally released. (via BGR)
3. New Ways To Keep in Touch: iOS 8 is bringing plenty of new updates along with it. In fact, we wrote an entire roundup of them. But one of our favorites is the new chat management, which allows you to mute, name and set chats to “do not disturb” mode. This beautiful design shows just how that might look on the new phone. It’s simple, clear and just as easy as you need it to be. Tell all your friends. (via Mirror.Co and Design Modo)
4. Rounded Edges: While some concepts are touting the wraparound screen and seamless design, others are just envisioning a more “Android-looking” phone with beveled edges, a larger screen and dark metals. This concept kind of looks like a hybrid between a Windows Phone, Android and iPhone rolled up in one. If Apple is trying to straddle the market for all three with a design similar to this, they may have a winner. (via Mark Pelin Design)
5. Super Slim and Sleek: This sleek iPhone concept might be too thin to even build, but that doesn’t stop us from loving this high-style concept. Even better, the thin display incorporates your surroundings into “transparent” wallpapers using tiny cameras, alerts you when you need to charge your battery and features those awesomely clear retina displays. It may not be realistic, but gosh it would be cool if this could be more than just a dream. (via SCAVids)
6. A Holographic Display: Just when you thought the iPhone 6 concepts couldn’t get even more like a science fiction movie, here comes the holographic phone. This concept imagines holographic projectors on either side of the phone, illuminating from the sides of the physical display. The idea is that it could be used for gaming, checking images or even as a holographic keyboard. We say: totally freaking cool (via Set Solution)
7. Glow in the Dark: Need to find your phone in the dark? This concept adds in a feature called Nightlite, which illuminates your home button, bezel and Apple icon as soon as it gets dark. And that icon might actually keep you from missing your important notifications; it will light up when your phone is face down to let you know about new messages. You’ll never have to miss a text again, unless of course you want to. (via CIP)
8. Airy Light: This iPhone 6 “Air” model goes back to the glossy glass back of the old iPhone 5, but that’s where the similarities end. Matte metal edges and edge-to-edge display make this idea more of a mashup between a Retina display iPad and an older phone. With that larger screen and flat design however, it’s all new to us and we’re loving it. (via NWE)
9. It Comes With A Companion: As awesome as some of these new concepts may be, it would still be hard to find a way to lug a 5.5 inch monster phone everywhere you go. That extra weight could drag you down, which is why Apple is rumored to be releasing the iWatch, too. While this addition might not be available until 2015, it’s said that it will make it easier for you to run small tasks, like texting, turning on a health tracking app even paying for your next cuppa Starbucks without needing to reach for your phone. We love this sleek pairing and envisioning how the two pieces of tech could flow together. (via Martin Hajek)
10. Ready to Go Dashboard: Another gorgeous concept art features a ready to go dashboard for all your data processing needs. We love the bright neon colors that keep the design of the graphs sleek and sharp. Add to that a meticulous organization and easy to read design, and we think this phone is the next essential work tool. (via Design Modo)
11. Colored and Curved Cases: This concept reminds us a lot of the Nokia phone that came out a few years ago, which featured a clear glass screen surrounded by a durable, colorful case. We love the iPhone’s classy white and rose gold version in this artwork, which also includes tapered edges, a thinner body, and a cleanly illuminated home button. (via Martin Hajek)
12. It’s Got Eyes?: Your selfie/instagram/hyperlapse/video taking game might be getting a major boost. Rumors are swirling around about the new camera’s ability to process more megapixels than ever before. This concept artist imagined what such a camera would look like, and came up with tiny “eye”-like lenses that extend to take photos. Click the link to see the cool technology in action. (via CIP)
13. It’s Ready to Be Your Home Keeper: The next operating system for the iPhone, iOS 8, will feature an entire kit to help you sync your phone to smart appliances and settings around your house. This bonus concept takes that idea and runs with it, exploring how your phone could possibly connect to your thermostat and A/C, or automatically unlock your house depending on where you are. How’s that for mobile security? (via Martin Hajek)
Are you as eager as we are to see if the rumors are true? Can’t wait for the new iPhone 6? Let us know below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.