8 Wardrobe Staples J.Crew Says Everyone Should Own
When it comes to wardrobe must-haves, J.Crew tends to be one of our immediate go-tos. Whether you’re in need of a classic party dress or the perfect blazer to wear to an important job interview, the brand is kind of like our personal, super-wise fashion guru. It somehow always knows just what we need. If you’re looking to start stocking up on those essentials that you know you really should have, J.Crew has made it extra easy with their “Always List.” The list consists of eight pieces that can make picking out your outfit a lot less of a hassle. Scroll on down to check out the pieces they think every lady should own.
1. A Tailored Blazer: Even if you’re rocking a t-shirt and jeans, popping on a blazer can instantly take your outfit up ten professional notches. And although this garment comes with a very business-y stigma, don’t be afraid to wear it elsewhere. Pop an oversized blazer on over a simple dress for an autumn date-night outfit that offers just the right amount of warmth.
2. Stripes: Because stripes will never go out of style. A black-and-white combo is always a good jumping-off point, but once you’re looking for a little more variation, we suggest going with the red-and-white duo that can easily be transformed into a festive ensemble over the holidays.
3. Worn-in Jeans: We’re all for a DIY-ed pair of jeans or even a style that’s hot this season, but there should be that one pair that you can always come back to if you’re at a total loss for what to wear.
4. A Classic Coat: Trust us, winter will be a lot easier if you have at least one really well-made coat you can count on. A coat can definitely be categorized as an investment piece so we vote you go with a neutral color and classic style that can literally be worn over anything.
5. AButton-Up: Obviously, the office is a place where a classic button-up will always be appreciated, but it can also work for so much more. Take a cue from J.Crew’s creative director, Jenna Lyons, who has previously rocked this style with everything from floral silk trousers to a formal maxi skirt.
6. Something Sparkly: Basics are great and all, but sometimes they need a bit of sprucing up. A quick and easy way to instantly makeover an outfit is to throw on just a little bit of bling.
7. Cashmere: Because when was the last time you slipped on a nice cashmere sweater and thought, “Oh man, this is awful”? Never. The answer is never.
8. A Seriously Flattering Pant: Whether these are trousers, a wide-legged number or a pair of chinos, it doesn’t matter. So long as you put them on and immediately feel like a million bucks.
Which of these wardrobe staples do you already own? Share with us in the comments below.
(Photos via J.Crew)