As the big gift giving day approaches (and will be gone again before we know it), we’ll all be left with extra wrapping paper. UGH, what to do with those rolls — not to mention the salvageable bits from all those gifts? Why not do what we do best and make things out of them. While you’re enjoying the rest of your time with family and friends before it’s back to work at the beginning of the year, throw some DIY QT in there and make use of every inch of wrapping paper with projects that can be used all year round.
2. Envelope Liner: Deck out envelopes for the entire year with extra wrapping paper. Now, not only will the recipients love the sentiment of a handwritten card, but they’ll also fall for the details of the package. (via Ashley Lurcott)
3. Photo Booth: Seriously, who doesn’t love a photo session?! Why not put that extra wrap to good use instead of in a bin and get it up on the wall so you can have a backdrop for photo shoots everyday/at your next shindig. (via Brit + Co)
4. Confetti: Pop the bubbly and the confetti. No need to spend additional money on the festive paper shreds, just cut up leftover wrapping and you’re good to spend that extra cash on more champagne ;) (via One Good Thing by Jillee)
6. Tray Liners: Hor d’oeuvres are tasty and beautiful, but why not step up the cocktail party game and make the finger food look even better with some wrapping paper accessorizing? (via Thoughtfully Simple)
10. Mini Garland: Garland goes a long way when it comes to decorating a space, so if you don’t have a lot of wall room there’s no need to worry because you can always make a tiny version ;) (via Brit + Co)
13. Gift Tags: Just because the holidays are over doesn’t mean you’re completely done giving gifts. Prepare for upcoming birthdays and weddings with these wrapping paper accented tags. (via Brit + Co)
Are you planning on repurposing your extra wrapping paper after the holidays? Let us know in the comments what you’ll be making.