Morning Buzz! Lena Dunham Shows Off a Special Anniversary Ring from Her BF + More
View this post on Instagram
Early anniversary gift from boyfriend of the year @jackantonoff (care of @eriebasin in Brooklyn.) Turn of the century moonstone treasure. I will so enjoy looking at it while I type words #ringbrag #jewelrybitch #friendshipring
A post shared by Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) on
2. Britney Spears weeping because her dog ate all her cheese is all of us. Though a bit cringeworthy, the way her kids are laughing and the pan to her dog at the end make this video of her fake-crying totally charming. “When your damn dog eats all the cheese,” she captioned it, along with the sobbing emoji. Honestly, same. Brit has been on a ‘Gram gold spree lately (um, always), with her own car karaoke videos (complete with embarrassed children) and Miley Cyrus #wcw post. Now more dog shaming videos, please! (via @britneyspears)
3. Did Kelly Ripa pull the ultimate girlboss move and walk out of work to go on vacay for being treated poorly? Look, we don’t know the full story here, and obviously Kelly Ripa is in a position of power, but it seems as though she bailed on her morning show after being blindsided by co-host Michael Strahan’s exit from the show to move up to Good Morning America on the same network. Kelly didn’t show up for work Wednesday, and now reports say she and her family left early for a planned trip to Turks and Caicos. All signs point to Kelly pulling power moves here and the network trying to keep up. And we kind of love it. (via People)
4. Kanye West apparently wants more kids, like, now. On the season (and series) finale of Kocktails with Khloe, Kim Kardashian admitted that Kanye has been adamant about growing their family immediately. “Kanye has been mentioning it every single day lately for the past 10 days,” Kim said, who, after just having Saint West four months ago, is not exactly eager to be pregnant again. Khloe’s advice? Use a surrogate. (via Us, Photo via Craig Barritt/Getty)
5. This lemur who needs a nice back scratch immediately will not take no for an answer. We know the feeling all too well, lemur.
6. Quote of the day: “We lost a true icon, a real life superhero.” — The sad official statement on iconic wrestler Chyna’s death.
Do you think Lena’s ring is secretly an engagement ring? Let us know at @BritandCo!
(Featured image via Christopher Polk/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)