Have you ever found yourself watching a movie and becoming absolutely mesmerized with the beautiful makeup of your favorite character? In the age of YouTube, you can easily look up any sort of tutorial and find about a dozen results. Ready to channel Katniss? No prob. Looking for that fairytale-inspired style? YouTube vloggers have you covered with easy-to-master makeup tutorials.
We’ve taken the guesswork out for you and compiled this list of some of the most gorgeous and enviable movie character looks currently on the web that are begging to be in your regular rotation or part of your Halloween costume. Scroll on for some epic and beautiful looks.
1. Breakfast at Tiffany’s Holly Golightly: Lisa Eldridge is the queen of makeup tutorials, and her recreation of this famous Audrey Hepburn character is one of our absolute favorites. Not only does she do a fantastic job recreating the look, but she explains it to the viewer in easy-to-follow steps that will allow anyone to try it out for themselves. (via Lisa Eldridge)
2. Cinderella’s Cinderella: This makeup tutorial is fantastic. We were seriously blown away after watching it because of its straight-out-of-a-fairytale look. It’s no wonder the video has gotten so many views, and that Emma’s other (incredible) tutorials have done so well. (via KittiesMama)
3. The Hunger Games’ Katniss Everdeen: Who hasn’t wanted to be Katniss Everdeen at one point or another (or, should we say, JLaw?). This tutorial on how to get Katniss’s look is beautifully done, but still badass enough for our fave revolutionary. Check out Meredith’s page for lots of other movie- and celeb-inspired tutorials. (via Meredith Foster)
4. Dreamgirl’s Deena Jones: Beyoncé always looks stunning, but we really loved her ’70s-inspired look as the character Deena Jones in Dreamgirls. The fabulous Pixiwoo takes inspiration from the look and channels the gorgeous Queen Bey just right in this tutorial. (via Pixiwoo)
5. The Notebook’s Allie Hamilton: Anyone who saw The Notebook would be lying if they said they didn’t secretly want to be Allie Hamilton. Ryan Gosling and James Marsden vying for our attention? Yes, please! This gorgeous ’40s-inspired look is recreated by Emma Louise, who incorporates the bright lips and rosy cheeks perfectly. (via Emma Louise)
6. Titanic’s Rose DeWitt: We can all agree that Kate Winslet looked stunning as Rose DeWitt, the role that shot her to super-stardom. This YouTuber recreates the gorgeous look and provides lots of details and product recommendations along the way. We can’t wait to channel Kate with these tips! (via Pure Love Beauty)
7. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tide’s Angelica: Here, YouTuber Charisma Star recreates the sultry look made famous by Penelope Cruz in the fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series. It would be perfect for a night out, or your next pirate party. (via Charisma Star)
8. Jupiter Ascending’s Jupiter Jones: Now you can get Mila Kunis’ look from Jupiter Ascending. While the movie might have gotten less-than-stellar reviews, our girl Mila looked gorgeous as always, and we love this tutorial on getting her look. (via TheTukkyTuk11)
9. (500) Days of Summer’s Summer Finn: Is there anyone who doesn’t love the look of Summer Finn in this movie? Her character’s style seemed to be inspired by actress Zooey Deschanel’s signature look. YouTuber emsbeautytips does a wonderful job creating her own take on the makeup in the movie. (via emsbeautytips)
10. Age of Adaline’s Adaline Bowman: We remember watching this movie and having serious #beautyenvy over Blake Lively’s beautiful makeup. Now Kelsey has made it easy to get the look with a tutorial on not only her stunning ’20s-inspired makeup, but her hair as well. (via makeupbykelsey)
11. Divergent’s Tris Prior: YouTuber chanelegance recreates the makeup of Shailene Woodley’s character and takes inspiration from the movie to put a new spin on her hair and outfit. The end result is a beautiful look that we can see ourselves wearing on a daily basis, not just in the dystopian future. (via chanelegance)
12. Star Trek’s Uhura: Zoe Saldana always looks stunning, but we especially loved her makeup as Uhura in the Star Trek movies. YouTuber oxfordjasmine channels that cat-eye look, putting her own spin on it in an inspired tutorial. (via oxfordjasmine)
What’s your favorite movie character-inspired makeup? Send us links or let us know in the comments below!