7 Super Cool Maternity Fashion Subscription Boxes
Clothing shopping is so fun… unless you’re preggers. You want to show off your baby bump, but your feet are too swollen to hit the streets for a proper shopping spree, you have no idea what size you are now, and, sadly, really great maternity clothing stores are few and far between (especially if you don’t live in a big city). But lucky for you (and your bump), several online stylist services have popped up that will curate the fashion needs of your growing belly.
1. La Belle Bump: When you sign up with La Belle Bump, you fill out a questionnaire about your style preferences, and then a curator hand-picks a variety of pieces for you. You can order three items ($59) or five ($99) and return as many as you’d like at any time. They also have a special-occasion option where you get one fancy piece of clothing ($50) for those big nights on the town.
2. Borrow for Your Bump: If you’re in need of a sassy dress to wear to that office party or an uber fancy dinner, you can totes log on to Borrow for Your Bump: They’ll help you out, starting at around $55. Or if you’re looking for everyday wear, they can help you there too by sending you four items in their $99 box. You wear the items for 30 days, and then you have the choice of renting them again, exchanging them or even buying them.
3. Le Tote: This is one of those clothing rental companies that’s perfect for the stylish and expecting. Since there’s only a short time span when you can wear maternity duds, why invest in a wardrobe when you can rent? For a monthly subscription fee (starting at $49), their stylists will recommend key pieces, which you have a chance to approve before they ship. Once the pieces arrive, wear them as much as you like, and then exchange them for new ones as your body changes.
4. BUMPstyle Box: After you fill out a survey, a stylist will contact you about your unique fashion wants and needs. A few days later, BUMPstyle will send you a box of goodies that you can try and purchase. Keep what you want and send back what you don’t. Their tops start at $50, and their dresses and pants are $100 and up. Keep in mind that there’s a stylist fee of $30, but it’s waived if you spend more than $150.
5. Stitch Fix: If you’re a Stitch Fix devotee and find yourself in a family way, it’s way easy to keep getting those boxes of goodies even though your body is so different. Just add your due date to your profile, and their “maternity stylists” will tailor your shipments to whatever trimester you’re in. You’ll get five pieces in your price range, and you keep what you want and send back what you don’t. When you have your old body back, you can keep on subscribing.
6. Bella Gravida: At Bella Gravida, you can choose to receive between one and seven different styles at a time (starting at $39 per month). You get your carefully curated picks sent to you, you wear them, you return them and the process repeats. They carry all sorts of basics, as well as a section dedicated to the little black dress. Once your baby is born, you can continue with clothing designed for nursing.
7. Mine for Nine: At Mine for Nine, you simply browse through their online store full of basics and special-occasion dresses and then decide whether to purchase or borrow. For example, if you love the Olivia Red Aztec Maternity Dress, you can either buy it for $135 or rent it for $40. That’s a nice savings! If you decide you want to keep the item forever, they’ll deduct the rental price from the purchase price.
Would you rather rent or own your maternity clothing? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)