We don’t mean to knock vegetarian pasta dishes (Meatless Mondays are a great way to reset your healthy eating for the week), but once in awhile you just have a hankering for something, well, meatier. When it comes to hearty comfort food, there’s nothing that hits the spot like a bowl full of pasta, amiright? These 15 meat and pasta recipes are guaranteed to hit the spot.
1. One-Pot Beef and Basil Pasta: This delicious pan of cheesy, tomatoey pasta goodness comes together in less than 20 minutes. And leftovers the next day when all the flavors have set in are TWICE as good. (via Shift Nutrition)
2. Italian Braised Pork Shoulder Ragu: Pork shoulder ragu is one of those classic Italian meat sauces that simmer away on the stove all afternoon. But you can just as easily make yours in your slow cooker on a low setting, freeing you up to get other stuff done. (via Just a Little Bit of Bacon)
5. Baked Sausage and Ricotta Rigatoni: This spicy sausage pasta is loaded with flavor and topped with just the right amount of cheese to satisfy your tastebuds. Generous dollops of ricotta and mozzarella cheese are like the cherry on top of the sundae. (via Seasons and Suppers)
7. Fettuccine With Slow Cooker Beef Ragu Bolognese: Imagine coming home to pasta with this slow-cooked meat sauce on a Friday night. Serve it with a tossed salad, some crusty garlic bread, and a few glasses of wine, and your weekend has already begun. (via Ally’s Cooking)
8. Crock-Pot Beef Ragu With Penne and Ricotta: The roast for this meat sauce comes together easy-peasy, and clean-up is a breeze. But this recipe should come with a *carnivore coma* warning. (via Taste and See)
10. Slow Cooker Beef Ragu: This one’s for the gluten-free folks in the house! When you’re looking for a big bowl of comfort, nothing satisfies like pulled beef that’s dripping in wine sauce and resting on a soft bed of polenta. (via Real Food by Dad)
11. Slow Cooker Short Rib Ragu With Horseradish Gremolata: When life gets just a bit too stressful, enlist a little self-care with a kick-ass Netflix queue and a belly full of pasta smothered in tender beef. Lazy day for the win! (via Host the Toast)
12. Slow Cooker Beef Ragu With Gnocchi: This meaty sauce will satisfy your every comfort-food craving. Serve it over GF gnocchi, and it works for your grain-free peeps at the table too. (via The Salty Marshmallow)
13. Fast and Easy Gluten-Free Meat Lasagna: Here’s an approach to lasagna that makes it easy enough to cook on a regular basis. This recipe is jump-started with store-bought sauce, and the noodles cook right in the baking pan. (via Boulder Locavore)
15. American Goulash: Goulash is something of a miracle recipe — achieving all the depth of flavor of a hearty stew in a quarter of the cooking time. This recipe is made with a blend of ground beef and sausage that’s deeply satisfying. (via The Pastiche)
If you’re always on the lookout for MEATY recipes like these, follow us on Pinterest for more.