Micellar Water Is Now a Go-to Ingredient in … Hair Products?
Over the past few years, micellar water has changed the way we remove makeup for the better. (Thanks for showing us the way, French ladies!) Now just as this miracle solution has gone mainstream, it’s lending its cleansing powers to our hair products too. In case you need a refresh — micellar water is made up of micelles, or tiny balls of cleansing oil molecules that seek out dirt and buildup to draw out impurities without drying out the skin. The same concept works when micellar does its thang on hair, so your locks will feel super clean without feeling brittle.
1. R + Co Spiritualized Dry Shampoo Mist ($28): There’s a lot we already love about dry shampoo from reviving lackluster hair to extending the life of our ‘dos. Unfortunately, the flaky residue and itchy aftermath can cause are major downers. That’s what makes the newly released mist from R + Co so special. The micellar formulation cleanses your hair and scalp of dirt and oil without leaving trace amounts behind. Reach for this buy in between more rigorous washes or in lieu of more powdery dry shampoo solutions.
2. Pantene Micellar Revitalize Foam Conditioner ($6): This lightweight conditioner is an ideal fit for fine hair, but it works as a one-two punch for dirty strands for all hair types. After showering/shampooing, just apply a palm-size amount of foam from your roots to tips to purify your hair. Micellar water works to condition and clean locks without stripping hair of much-needed natural moisture.
3. Devacurl Buildup Blaster Micellar Water Cleansing Serum ($28): Curls require a lot of product (and attention, tbh), which can be a challenge to rinse out without leaving dry tendrils. Try this micellar cleansing serum that will remove unwanted buildup plus give your locks a boost of shine and bounce to boot. Add it to your shower routine once a week in place of your usual cleanser and follow up with a deep conditioner for best results.
4. Herbal Essences Bio Micellar Water and Blue Ginger Shampoo ($6): Get ready for some of the shiniest hair of your life — not to mention the best smelling! This micellar shampoo formula removes impurities, is full of antioxidants, and leaves your hair sleek and shiny. The ginger, musk, and floral bouquet scent is a nice bonus, too.
Are you excited to try these new Micellar hair products? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)