11 Times Miley Cyrus DGAF What You Thought About Her Style
Oh, Miley. Her transition from the oh-so innocent Hannah Montana days to wagging her tongue at the VMAs to her possible (we still don’t know, do we?) engagement to Liam Hemsworth can only be described as epic. Through it all, one thing we’ve come to count on from Ms. Cyrus is her way out-there style — and sometimes, lack of an outfit altogether (hello, sheer bodysuits!). The lady has confidence; you have to give her that. When it comes to style, she knows what she likes and she always rocks it with her trademark IDGAF ‘tude. Haters gonna hate, but Miley really knows how to twerk any room. Here are 11 times she DGAF what you thought about her style.
1. Sheer Punk: Miley straight-up rocked this all-mesh dress, and she clearly doesn’t care what you have to say about it. That spiked hair look certainly made for some sharp talking points around the water cooler. We all can only aspire to have this much swagger — but she’s just being Miley. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
2. Gingham Goddess: One thing Miley knows how to do is put on a show. Here, she’s having a blast in a red checkered number, complete with amazing white sparkly boots and that signature blond wig for an MTV Unplugged appearance. Heart! (Photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)
3. Canadian Tuxedo: Miley sported all-over denim for another MTV Unplugged event. The ripped jacket and bikini top combo gave us all the inspo we need to rock a bare midriff without a second thought. (Photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)
4. Statement Dress Realness: Miley just gets us. Between the statement t-shirt dress and a bag that sports her name, this look is absolute goals. #Nailedit! (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
5. Yellow Songbird: Miley let loose performing in the land down under in 2014. She looked absolutely stunning in this bright, cheery yellow number that would turn Big Bird green with envy. Of course, why stop with feathers when you can add hot pants and a cropped halter to the mix? (Photo via Mark Metcalfe/Getty)
6. Little Miss Sunshine: Nope, this wasn’t a Halloween costume. Miley wore this sunny style performing on tour in 2015, ’cause why not?! It probably wasn’t the easiest to twerk in, but who needs to be practical when you look this amazing? (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
7. Just Do It: Whatever this look is, we can fairly say that only Miley could rock it. It seems like “Do It” might be her motto when her stylist suggests adding something super crazy to her on-stage ensemble. (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
8. Party in the VMAs: You can’t talk about Miley’s DGAF style without mentioning that time she hosted the VMAs and her outfits were BONKERS. This super sparkly bodysuit with full-on flower sleeves is next on our list for late-night clubbing at a tropical rave. (Photo via Kevin Djansezian/ Getty)
9. Heart You: Guys, this is how Miley shows up to a charity walk. Unlike us mere mortals, she doesn’t just stick to #BASIC gear and a hoodie. Here, she went balls to the wall with galactic leggings, a DIY top and a huge bow in her hair. Point made. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
10. I Dream of Miley: This all-pink number is serving major I Dream of Jeannie goodness. Seriously, Miley looked amazing in this monochrome look on the red carpet for an LGBT event in LA, and she really could care less what anyone had to say about it. Plus, that shell purse and those jeweled sandals were too much fun. (Photo via John Sciulli/Getty)
11. Nearly Naked: What are we looking at here? Miley definitely sported some racy outfits when she hosted the 2015 VMAs, but this one had us scratching our heads. This plastic dress with strategically colorful dots looks like Dippin’ Dots couture, and we kinda love it. (Photo via Kevork Djansezian/Getty)
Looking for more celeb style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!