The Modern, Minimal Pattern Trend That’s Taking Over
You know that feeling where you learn a new word, and then suddenly start hearing it *everywhere*? We’re having the same sensation — except that instead of words it’s with minimal, geometric stripe motifs. First our favorite source for international inspo The Citizenry announced their new line of pillows from Peru. Soon after, Nordic Knots debuted a collection of bold striped rugs. And so it began. It’s strange to think of something as timeless as stripes having a buzzy new look, but these patterns are marked by floating swaths of color that don’t cover the entire textile, or start and stop at random, creating a look that’s equal parts funky and stark. Whatever we end up calling it, we’re hooked.
1. The Citizenry Cuño Pillow ($135): The one that started it all. This pillow is handmade in cooperation with artisans in Peru.
2. Nordic Knots Tiger ($195+): Also in red and blue, this rug is probably the most streamlined interpretation of tiger stripes we’ve ever seen.
3. Louise Gray Harriet Throw Quilt ($435): Not your grandma’s quilt. This geometric stunner doubles as wall art… if you can bear to get out from under its snuggly embrace.
4. MINNA Agnes Rug ($950): This rug comes from artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico and is further proof that this trend has major international appeal.
5. Minaret and Meridian Wall Hanging ($162): Two trends in one? Yes please.
6. Eclectic Goods Black and White Offset Kilim Rug ($500+): Another import that will be high-impact for your space.
Are you into this look? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.