Morning Buzz! Bachelor Nation Stars React to Bachelor in Paradise’s Return + More
Bachelor Nation speaks out and Star Wars shares a major Han Solo update in this morning’s top news stories. Check out those and more below in the Wednesday Morning Buzz.
Thank you for your patience, trust and loyalty #BachelorNation and to our entire Bachelor family
— Chris Harrison (@chrisbharrison) June 20, 2017
1. Warner Brothers announced yesterday that it had concluded its investigation into misconduct allegations on Bachelor in Paradise and that the show would resume filming. On Twitter, many members of Bachelor Nation, including host Chris Harrison, reacted to the news. Harrison thanked fans for their “patience, trust and loyalty,” while alum Kristina Schulman said, “Summer 2017 is back.” Season two alum Jade Tolbert, meanwhile, said she was happy her friends “will get a shot at real and rare love in this special place.” So far there’s no official word from ABC on who exactly will be returning, and People reports via cast members originally involved in this season that the show is “scrambling” to get a new cast together. It’s also unclear what changes will be made to the show (the WB statement said they “plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures”), or when the show will air.
2. The Star Wars standalone Han Solo movie just lost its directors. Lucasfilm announced via the Star Wars website that they have parted ways with Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who had been brought on to direct the untitled Han Solo film. Both sides claim that creative differences were the reason for the split, and Lucasfilm says a new director will be announced shortly. The film at this time is still set for a May 2018 release. (Photo via Andrew H. Walker/Getty)
3. Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate are the internet’s favorite new maybe-couple after being seen at the movies together. Hamm and Slate have been friends for a while and were even in the film Aardvark together, so it’s likely they’re just hanging out and taking in a flick together. But that hasn’t stopped the internet from freaking out over the possibility of them being Hollywood’s latest couple, and honestly, we are very here for it. As Twitter user @communistbabe put it, “If Jenny Slate is dating Jon Hamm right after breaking up with Chris Evans she is truly the most powerful heterosexual in the world.” LOL. Fair. (h/t Lainey Gossip; photo via Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty)
4. Daniel Day-Lewis has quit acting. After a record three best actor Oscars and widespread critical acclaim, Day-Lewis is leaving the biz. Though no reason was given, his spokeswoman, Leslee Dart, said in a statement, “Daniel Day-Lewis will no longer be working as an actor. He is immensely grateful to all of his collaborators and audiences over the many years. This is a private decision and neither he nor his representatives will make any further comment on this subject.” Day-Lewis most recently starred as Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, and has one last film to be released, Paul Thomas Anderson’s Phantom Thread, set in London’s 1950s high-fashion scene. (h/t Variety; photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. An all-star charity single for Grenfell Tower is now available. Producer Simon Cowell put together over 50 of the UK’s amazing musical talents to record a cover of the Simon and Garfunkel classic “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” with proceeds supporting victims’ families and survivors. The song features the vocal talents of One Direction’s Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson, grime star Stormzy, Robbie Williams, Geri Halliwell, Rita Ora, members of the Who, and many, many more, and according to the BBC, it hit No. 1 on iTunes just two hours after being released. The song is available on Spotify and iTunes, or donations can be made directly at artistsforgrenfell.com.
6. Quote of the day: “I am my own muse, the subject I know best.” Frida Kahlo’s self portraiture still resonates in our age of digital self-documentation, and we think of her insights into self portraiture on #NationalSelfieDay.
Will you be celebrating #NationalSelfieDay? Tell (and show!) us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)