Morning Buzz: Kanye West’s 911 Call Details How Troubling His Behavior Was + More
More details about the incident that led Kanye to being hospitalized and his first days at home lead this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below.
1. The audio from the 911 call that led to Kanye West being hospitalized has been released. The call was made by Kanye’s doctor, Michael Farzam, who called to have a welfare check made on Ye while he was at his trainer’s home, reportedly acting erratic. Dr. Farzam can be heard telling dispatch to send an ambulance and that, “He’s definitely going to need to be hospitalized. I wouldn’t just do the police by itself.” The dispatcher, presumably following protocol for anyone who is reported to be acting unpredictably, can be heard telling Farzam to keep an eye on Kanye’s behavior and not to “let him get any … weapons or anything like that.” Either way, the call makes it clear just how troubled Kanye was in the moment. Kudos to his doctor for being proactive, and we hope Kanye’s on the mend.
2. Meanwhile, while Kanye settled in at home after being released from the hospital, the family had a party at home for Saint West’s first birthday! In keeping with Kim’s social media break, we didn’t see any pics of the party from her, but Kylie, Khloe and Kourt all Snapchatted pics of the epic balloon-filled room. Adorbs. (Photo via Kylie Jenner/Snapchat)
3. The Obamas went to their LAST National Christmas Tree Lighting, sniff. Naturally, Michelle looked absolutely amazing, even debuting a sleek, blunt new ‘do. Youngest daughter Sasha attended as well, and with performances from Kelly Clarkson, Chance the Rapper, the Lumineers and more, the Obamas went out in style. Barack even sang “Jingle Bells” with all of the performers, because Obama. (Photo via Ron Sachs-Pool/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
Exclusive: @mandymooremm’s come a long way from the 15-year-old pop star we once knew 👉🏼 “You couldn’t pay me to go back 10 years. … The older you get, the less you care about the little things." We sat down and got our auras read, talked workout routines, anti-aging secrets, and more. Meet Mandy Moore 2016, and read the rest of her refreshingly honest interview on Byrdie.com by tapping the link in our profile. #SelfDirected // Photography: @sacha_maric | Makeup: @jennstreicher | Hair: @streicherhair | Styling: @daniandemmastyle | Creative director: @katrinasymonds
A post shared by Byrdie (@byrdiebeauty) on
4. Mandy Moore revealed some personal details about her “non-traditional” family for the first time. In a new interview with Byrdie, Mandy, saying that she’d never talked about it before, revealed that her mom and both of her brothers are gay. “My parents are divorced. My mother left my father for a woman. And both of my two brothers are gay.” Mandy says that now, everyone is “exactly where they should be. Everyone’s so much happier, richer, and more fulfilled, being their authentic selves.” Preach!
absolutely dying that this is supposed to be britney and kevin from lifetime's britney spears biopic. I CANNOT WAIT. pic.twitter.com/RhzxriQqn2
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 1, 2016
5. The new photos from the Britney Spears biopic are giving fans a meltdown. Lifetime’s Britney is set to premiere in February, and the first few photos are giving people *feelings.* One fan said they were going to have to sue Lifetime over them (LOL, and even Chrissy Teigen couldn’t help but tweet about them, saying “absolutely dying that this is supposed to be Britney and Kevin…I CANNOT WAIT.” US EITHER, CHRISSY.
Do you have any big weekend plans? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)