Celebrate National Friendship Day in True Squad Style
There are a lot of bizarre holidays out there. I mean, who is really celebrating Yellow Pig Day or Wear Brown Shoes Day? But for all the weird and wacky holidays, there are also some really necessary ones (National Cupcake Day, for starters), including National Friendship Day. It’s a day to let your girl squad and bestie know just how much they mean to you. I mean, they put up with your terrible puns, late-night texts and not-so-good cooking, so of course they deserve a little something special. We’ve scored some stylish and meaningful gifts to let your BFFs know just how much they mean to you.
1. Mango Decorative Patch ($20): It’s all about patches this season. So why not gift your BFF with some iron-ons to let her show the world who is the HBIC (that’s Head Bestie In Charge)?
2. Sub Urban Riot Squad Tee ($34): What better way is there to show your squad just how much you care than with matching t-shirts? Also, these tees ensure that #NoNewFriends will try to infiltrate your clique.
3. Salvatore Ferragamo Vara Letter M Keychain ($195): Not all National Friendship Day presents have to scream “We’re besties!” Go for something a little more subtle with a chic monogram keychain. This way your BFF will think of all your fun times together wherever she goes.
4. Mango Sneakers Clips Set ($16): Wearing your heart on your sleeve is so last year. Now your partner in crime can wear it on her sneakers too, thanks to these adorable sneaker clips. Plus, with patches and pins being so on-trend, she’ll be leaps and bounds ahead of the fashion pack.
5. Kate Spade Lucky Cookie Charm ($32): Let your BFF know how lucky you are to have her in your life with this bedazzled fortune cookie bracelet charm. Add it to a wear-everywhere charm necklace or bracelet as a fashion-forward forget-me-not.
6. Urban Outfitters Double Knot Ring ($12): Tying the knot isn’t just for hubbies and brides; squads can do it too. This double knot ring will remind her of your friendship without breaking the bank.
7. Ted Baker Icon4 Ampersand Keyring Charm ($35): There’s peanut butter and jelly, Will and Grace, Jay Z and Beyonce and you and your friends. Remind her of how great you go together with a keyring charm that says just that.
8. Tawnie & Brina ‘Goddess’ Bracelet ($54): While her eyeliner may sometimes be uneven and her hair is sometimes frizzy, you know your girl is a goddess. Let her know with a chain-link bracelet that tells the world just how great she is — kooky sense of style and all.
9. Shashi Crystal Lilu Bracelet ($36): Remember making friendship bracelets for your gal pals with embroidery string at summer camp? We think it’s time for an adult upgrade. The tassels give a DIY vibe, while the black and gold seed beads make it chic and wearable, even for the office.
10. J. Crew Double U Bracelet ($68): You and your ladies still stick to each other like glue. What better way to showcase that unbreakable bond than with an interlocking U bracelet?
11. Nashelle 14k-Gold Fill Initial Disc Bracelet ($80): Personalized everything is an enduring trend. Gift your bud this initial bracelet, but instead of putting the first letter of her name on it, add your own.
12. Ted Baker Celesti Gem Frame Crystal Necklace ($99): Let the whole world know that your bud shines bright like a diamond with this rose gold gem frame pendant and necklace. Best of all, it’s super on trend with its geometrical detailing and tongue-in-cheek take on over-the-top glam.
13. American Atelier Monogram Jewelry Box ($15): This jewelry box is personal, stylish and useful. The jewel-toned glass is sleek and luxe, while the initialed box gives your accessories-obsessed pal a place to store all of her trinkets. Aren’t you thoughtful?
14. Jane Basch Designs Varsity Initial Pendant Necklace ($128): Monograms are all over the place — on stationery, clothes, accessories, you name it. Make the one you gift your homegirl stand out from the pack, just like she does.
15. Kate Spade “Partners in Crime” Charm ($24): She’s Thelma and you’re Louise. No, wait, she’s Louise and you’re Thelma. Either way, the two of you have pulled a heist or two and have lived to tell the tale. Add a charm to her bracelet to remind her of all those hilarious stories you’ll be telling and re-telling for ages.
Looking for more gifts for your best pal? Hit us up on Pinterest for more ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!