Celebrate National Friendship Day in True Squad Style
There are a lot of bizarre holidays out there. I mean, who is really celebrating Yellow Pig Day or Wear Brown Shoes Day? But for all the weird and wacky holidays, there are also some really necessary ones (National Cupcake Day, for starters), including National Friendship Day. It’s a day to let your girl squad and bestie know just how much they mean to you. I mean, they put up with your terrible puns, late-night texts and not-so-good cooking, so of course they deserve a little something special. We’ve scored some stylish and meaningful gifts to let your BFFs know just how much they mean to you.
1. Mango Decorative Patch ($20): It’s all about patches this season. So why not gift your BFF with some iron-ons to let her show the world who is the HBIC (that’s Head Bestie In Charge)?
2. Sub Urban Riot Squad Tee ($34): What better way is there to show your squad just how much you care than with matching t-shirts? Also, these tees ensure that #NoNewFriends will try to infiltrate your clique.
3. Salvatore Ferragamo Vara Letter M Keychain ($195): Not all National Friendship Day presents have to scream “We’re besties!” Go for something a little more subtle with a chic monogram keychain. This way your BFF will think of all your fun times together wherever she goes.
4. Mango Sneakers Clips Set ($16): Wearing your heart on your sleeve is so last year. Now your partner in crime can wear it on her sneakers too, thanks to these adorable sneaker clips. Plus, with patches and pins being so on-trend, she’ll be leaps and bounds ahead of the fashion pack.
5. Kate Spade Lucky Cookie Charm ($32): Let your BFF know how lucky you are to have her in your life with this bedazzled fortune cookie bracelet charm. Add it to a wear-everywhere charm necklace or bracelet as a fashion-forward forget-me-not.
6. Urban Outfitters Double Knot Ring ($12): Tying the knot isn’t just for hubbies and brides; squads can do it too. This double knot ring will remind her of your friendship without breaking the bank.
7. Ted Baker Icon4 Ampersand Keyring Charm ($35): There’s peanut butter and jelly, Will and Grace, Jay Z and Beyonce and you and your friends. Remind her of how great you go together with a keyring charm that says just that.
8. Tawnie & Brina ‘Goddess’ Bracelet ($54): While her eyeliner may sometimes be uneven and her hair is sometimes frizzy, you know your girl is a goddess. Let her know with a chain-link bracelet that tells the world just how great she is — kooky sense of style and all.
9. Shashi Crystal Lilu Bracelet ($36): Remember making friendship bracelets for your gal pals with embroidery string at summer camp? We think it’s time for an adult upgrade. The tassels give a DIY vibe, while the black and gold seed beads make it chic and wearable, even for the office.
10. J. Crew Double U Bracelet ($68): You and your ladies still stick to each other like glue. What better way to showcase that unbreakable bond than with an interlocking U bracelet?
11. Nashelle 14k-Gold Fill Initial Disc Bracelet ($80): Personalized everything is an enduring trend. Gift your bud this initial bracelet, but instead of putting the first letter of her name on it, add your own.
12. Ted Baker Celesti Gem Frame Crystal Necklace ($99): Let the whole world know that your bud shines bright like a diamond with this rose gold gem frame pendant and necklace. Best of all, it’s super on trend with its geometrical detailing and tongue-in-cheek take on over-the-top glam.
13. American Atelier Monogram Jewelry Box ($15): This jewelry box is personal, stylish and useful. The jewel-toned glass is sleek and luxe, while the initialed box gives your accessories-obsessed pal a place to store all of her trinkets. Aren’t you thoughtful?
14. Jane Basch Designs Varsity Initial Pendant Necklace ($128): Monograms are all over the place — on stationery, clothes, accessories, you name it. Make the one you gift your homegirl stand out from the pack, just like she does.
15. Kate Spade “Partners in Crime” Charm ($24): She’s Thelma and you’re Louise. No, wait, she’s Louise and you’re Thelma. Either way, the two of you have pulled a heist or two and have lived to tell the tale. Add a charm to her bracelet to remind her of all those hilarious stories you’ll be telling and re-telling for ages.
Looking for more gifts for your best pal? Hit us up on Pinterest for more ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.