Celebrate National Friendship Day in True Squad Style
There are a lot of bizarre holidays out there. I mean, who is really celebrating Yellow Pig Day or Wear Brown Shoes Day? But for all the weird and wacky holidays, there are also some really necessary ones (National Cupcake Day, for starters), including National Friendship Day. It’s a day to let your girl squad and bestie know just how much they mean to you. I mean, they put up with your terrible puns, late-night texts and not-so-good cooking, so of course they deserve a little something special. We’ve scored some stylish and meaningful gifts to let your BFFs know just how much they mean to you.
1. Mango Decorative Patch ($20): It’s all about patches this season. So why not gift your BFF with some iron-ons to let her show the world who is the HBIC (that’s Head Bestie In Charge)?
2. Sub Urban Riot Squad Tee ($34): What better way is there to show your squad just how much you care than with matching t-shirts? Also, these tees ensure that #NoNewFriends will try to infiltrate your clique.
3. Salvatore Ferragamo Vara Letter M Keychain ($195): Not all National Friendship Day presents have to scream “We’re besties!” Go for something a little more subtle with a chic monogram keychain. This way your BFF will think of all your fun times together wherever she goes.
4. Mango Sneakers Clips Set ($16): Wearing your heart on your sleeve is so last year. Now your partner in crime can wear it on her sneakers too, thanks to these adorable sneaker clips. Plus, with patches and pins being so on-trend, she’ll be leaps and bounds ahead of the fashion pack.
5. Kate Spade Lucky Cookie Charm ($32): Let your BFF know how lucky you are to have her in your life with this bedazzled fortune cookie bracelet charm. Add it to a wear-everywhere charm necklace or bracelet as a fashion-forward forget-me-not.
6. Urban Outfitters Double Knot Ring ($12): Tying the knot isn’t just for hubbies and brides; squads can do it too. This double knot ring will remind her of your friendship without breaking the bank.
7. Ted Baker Icon4 Ampersand Keyring Charm ($35): There’s peanut butter and jelly, Will and Grace, Jay Z and Beyonce and you and your friends. Remind her of how great you go together with a keyring charm that says just that.
8. Tawnie & Brina ‘Goddess’ Bracelet ($54): While her eyeliner may sometimes be uneven and her hair is sometimes frizzy, you know your girl is a goddess. Let her know with a chain-link bracelet that tells the world just how great she is — kooky sense of style and all.
9. Shashi Crystal Lilu Bracelet ($36): Remember making friendship bracelets for your gal pals with embroidery string at summer camp? We think it’s time for an adult upgrade. The tassels give a DIY vibe, while the black and gold seed beads make it chic and wearable, even for the office.
10. J. Crew Double U Bracelet ($68): You and your ladies still stick to each other like glue. What better way to showcase that unbreakable bond than with an interlocking U bracelet?
11. Nashelle 14k-Gold Fill Initial Disc Bracelet ($80): Personalized everything is an enduring trend. Gift your bud this initial bracelet, but instead of putting the first letter of her name on it, add your own.
12. Ted Baker Celesti Gem Frame Crystal Necklace ($99): Let the whole world know that your bud shines bright like a diamond with this rose gold gem frame pendant and necklace. Best of all, it’s super on trend with its geometrical detailing and tongue-in-cheek take on over-the-top glam.
13. American Atelier Monogram Jewelry Box ($15): This jewelry box is personal, stylish and useful. The jewel-toned glass is sleek and luxe, while the initialed box gives your accessories-obsessed pal a place to store all of her trinkets. Aren’t you thoughtful?
14. Jane Basch Designs Varsity Initial Pendant Necklace ($128): Monograms are all over the place — on stationery, clothes, accessories, you name it. Make the one you gift your homegirl stand out from the pack, just like she does.
15. Kate Spade “Partners in Crime” Charm ($24): She’s Thelma and you’re Louise. No, wait, she’s Louise and you’re Thelma. Either way, the two of you have pulled a heist or two and have lived to tell the tale. Add a charm to her bracelet to remind her of all those hilarious stories you’ll be telling and re-telling for ages.
Looking for more gifts for your best pal? Hit us up on Pinterest for more ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.