14 New Books Out in February That You Need to Read
Move over, Valentine’s Day: This February we’re celebrating our one true love. We’re talking cozying up in cute, oversized sweater, pouring ourselves a warm tea latte and reading for pleasure (sorry to break it to you, bae!). Whether your ideal February read is a romantic beachy encounter or a nightlight-inducing thriller, there are tons of new releases out this February for every type of #litchick. Scroll on for our faves.
1. Cravings by Chrissy Teigen ($18): If you thought Chrissy Teigen’s hilariousness could be confined to her Twitter account, think again. This foodie model’s highly anticipated cookbook has everything we could ever hope for: Chrissy’s iconic #realgirl charm, John Legend’s famous fried chicken recipe and some bulldog pics just for the heck of it.
7. The Urban Monk: Eastern Wisdom and Modern Hacks to Stop Time and Find Success, Happiness and Peace by Pedram Shojai ($18): Anyone who made a New Year’s resolution to relax in 2016 should definitely read this no-nonsense guide to finding zen in the modern world. Tackling all the problems of the 21st century one chapter at a time — from negative self-image to loneliness — it’s a great empowerment tool to help you kick negativity and find happiness pronto.
8. The Book of Memory by Petina Gappah ($20): Stop everything you’re doing and pre-order this Zimbabwe native’s first novel right now. Writing from the perspective of a death row inmate at Zimbabwe’s Chikurubi Maximum Security Prison, the story recounts Memory’s life before the murder of her adopted father that landed her in prison. Family secrets, class war and sexual jealousy are explored in this can’t-put-down debut.
11. The Girl in the Red Coat by Kate Hamer ($18): If you’re looking for a page-turning thriller, look no further than the debut novel from Kate Hamer. Alternating between the narration of a worried mother and her lost child, you’ll have to stop yourself from trying to finish it in one read.
12. Grace & Style: The Art of Pretending You Have It by Grace Helbig ($12): From The Ten Commandments of Online Shopping to The Bad-Hair-Day Character Wheel, Youtuber Grace Helbig’s style bible is a must-read for anyone looking for a good belly laugh. Read on the go or leave it at home; the book is broken up into digestible chunks for maximum LOLs.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)