Well folks, it’s that time of year again! We are so ready to indulge in pumpkin season with everything from pumpkin spice lattes to cheesy pumpkin pecan pasta. If you’re running short on time AND Halloween decor, we’ve got you covered with a no-carve pumpkin DIY that’s outta this world! These DIY Cosmic Pumpkins are perfect for the non-traditionalist and they’re so easy even kids can get involved.
Materials and Tools:
- pumpkin (plastic or real)
- black spray paint
- palette or paper plate
- acrylic paint (blue, purple, pink, gold, silver, white, glow-in-the-dark)
1. Clean the surface of the pumpkin in a well-ventilated area, then spray the pumpkin with black spray paint (or, to skip this step, buy a black plastic pumpkin).
2. Once dry, use a foam brush to blot gold, blue, purple and pink paint on the pumpkin. You can use the foam brush to blend colors together when they’re wet.
3. Load a bristle brush with gold paint and run your finger through the bristles to spritz the paint. You can also tap the brush gently to create a splatter effect. Repeat for white paint.
4. Layer paint using splatters, spritzing and blotting paint to create a layered galaxy effect.
5. Optional: Spray it with a sealer to add shine and durability.
For a cool nighttime effect, add glow-in-the-dark paint to your pumpkin!
Create splatters and sprays for a starry glow and layer paint on top to soften the effect.
A spooktacular pumpkin!
For more Halloween ideas, follow us on Pinterest!