The wings are out and the Internet is all abuzz about this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. The annual star studded event is always fun to watch – just maybe not while you’re chowing down on a slice of cake. Of course there are some things we love VS for: Quality bathing suits, the most generous push up bras… but we feel like the brand gets an unfair amount of love in the lingerie world. There are other options, folks! If you’re in the market for some new intimates, before you head to the mall take a look at these eight lingerie brands we’re swooning over.
1. Valentine: For all you ladies in need of a lot of support, this might not be the best choice for you. However, if you’re a bralette-loving gal, Valentine has everything you need to never wear a wired bra again. These delicate pieces are flirty, fun and most importantly, super comfortable. Pieces from this line range from $52 for their trademark Shangri-La Bra to $34 for matching panties.
2. ThirdLove:Aside from the endless cut and fit options, this brand stands out for one major reason: it can measure your bra size using an app. Using a patented computer vision technology, the app takes two selfies from the front and the side, then turns the 2D images into 3D images, which it uses to figure out exactly what size bra you need.
3. Myla: This seriously sexy English label has us totally forgetting about those t-shirt bras and cotton panties. This is definitely more of a true lingerie line (suspenders, stockings, all that jazz), but makes sure to keep all the pieces far from tacky – and considering the price point it definitely should. These pieces range from about $100 to $200. It certainly isn’t cheap, but if it makes you feel like a million bucks it might be worth the splurge.
4. Dear Kate: This sporty and simple brand offers a collection of high-wasted briefs, hipsters, thongs and bralettes. We like them for their functionality and comfortable fit, but we LOVE them for using female tech superstars as models in their latest lookbook.
5. Naja: With a tagline that reads, “for smart, courageous women,” this company has us instantly hooked. This brand is a great mix of beautiful, staple pieces and young, fun picks. You can pick up a beautiful embroidered bustier set ($127) and a pair of french fry panties ($16) from their “cheeky knickers” collection all in one go.
6. Fortnight: This subtle classy line, is the epitome of timeless undergarments. With clean cut lines and flattering silhouettes, these pieces look just as good with clothing as they do without. Fortnight is definitely a more expensive option (coming in at about $100 for a bra and $50 for underwear), but you’ll be able to wear theses pieces for many years to come.
7. Hanky Panky: Regardless of the undergarments, we’re sold on this brand by the name alone. Much like Victoria’s Secret, Hanky Panky offers a pretty even mix of practical (like this lacy chemise) and occasional pieces. Unless you want to wear this bow tied set ($84) everyday, then by all means go for it girl. Each thong uses over 30 yards of thread, which creates a more durable, high quality product.
8. Skivvies: This lingerie label falls under the equally swoon worthy clothing label, For Love and Lemons. Skivvies intimates are delicate and unique with a high fashion edge. We’d wear pretty much everything they make, but one collection we’re particularly fond of is their dreamy collaboration with Free People. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds.
What’s your go to intimate brand? Share with us in the comments below.