18 Off-the-Shoulder Tops + Dresses Your Summer Wardrobe Needs
If there’s anything we’ve learned from keeping up with the latest fashion trends, it’s that we should keep a special spot in our closet for old clothes, because they’ll be stylish again at some point in our lives. Seriously. First overalls came back, then colorful geo prints and, now? Off-the-shoulder necklines. That’s right, ladies! Check out these 18 modern ways to rock the revived ’80s/’90s trend without looking like Kelly Kapowski. Although, that’s never really a bad thing.
2. Janelle Top ($48): Those sleeves are absolutely marvelous. Can we attach them to all our clothes?
3. Mini Off-the-Shoulder Skater Dress ($27): Sometimes all you need is a bold color to take something from ordinary to extraordinary. This dress would work for any casual summer event you can possibly think of. And those silver sandals aren’t too shabby, either!
5. Skater Dress With Bardot Neckline ($48): Every woman needs a simple LBD like this in her closet. This one even comes in a shade of red, for those of you who love LRDs (yup, it’s a thing now).
9. Off-the-Shoulder Top ($19): Simple off-the-shoulder tops and sweaters like this one are definitely what the women of the ’80s rocked. This shade of cobalt blue is so, so pretty.
10. Printed Off-the-Shoulder Top ($70): This beautifully bohemian pick looks perfect when paired with denim, be it cutoffs or distressed jeans.
12. Off-the-Shoulder Prom Dress ($130): They’re calling this a prom dress, but you could definitely wear it to other non-high school formal events. Although, how fun would it be to host a mini adult prom with your friends? Just don’t forget to send us an invite.
13. Maggie Off-the-Shoulder Lace Dress ($92): This lace dress is both modest and sexy at the same time. Date night, here we come!
16. Off-the-Shoulder Openback Top ($50): Looking for something to wear over your swimsuit at the beach? Check out this open back top!
18. Off-the-Shoulder Flounce Dress ($18): We needed a little bit of blue in this roundup, didn’t we? This dress’ll soon become one of your favorites.
What do you think of this revived trend? Share your opinion with us in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!