18 One-Pot Chicken and Rice Dishes for an All-in-One Meal
When it comes to making dinner, you’d traditionally have a protein, a starch and vegetables all on one plate. That also means you’re going to have *loads* of dishes to do, and that’s just not going to fly for a regular ol’ weeknight meal. There are plenty of one-pot dishes that can be made in a cast iron skillet or dutch oven, like one-pot cheesy pumpkin pecan pasta or pesto pasta with smoked salmon. If you’re looking to spice up your weeknight dinners without creating too much of a mess in the kitchen, keep scrolling to discover 18 one-pot chicken and rice dishes that’ll transform mealtime.
1. One-Pot Brazillian Chicken and Rice: Turmeric gives this chicken its bright yellow hue, while lime and corn add a fresh flavor. Curl up with this on a chilly night and it’ll warm you up from the inside out. (via Today)
4. One-Pot Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice: Sofrito, olives and sweet peas are just a few of the tantalizing flavors you’ll experience in this Puerto Rican dish. Invite your friends over to share, because this is too good to eat alone. (via Immaculate Bites)
5. One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole: Plagued with picky eaters? This casserole will be the answer to your prayers. You can’t pick out broccoli when it’s covered in cheese, right? (via Jo Cooks)
6. One-Pot Chicken and Dirty Rice: You don’t have to live in Louisiana to appreciate good Cajun chicken and dirty rice. You can even cook them at the same time without having to scrub more than one dish. (via The Chunky Chef)
7. One-Pot Chicken and Rice With Artichokes: Sometimes simplicity is essential when you have a standout ingredient like artichokes. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and you’ve hit a suppertime home run. (via Diethood)
9. One-Pot Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole: Enchiladas can be such a chore on a busy weeknight. Who has time to fill all those tortillas? Skip the drama and hit all the same flavor notes with an easy enchilada rice casserole. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
10. One-Pot Cilantro-Lime Chicken and Rice: See ya, Chipotle! When you can make their famous cilantro-lime rice and chicken at home (with a creamy avocado sauce, no less), there’s no reason to leave the house. (via Creme de la Crumb)
11. One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice: If you love chicken and rice soup, you’ll *adore* this thicker casserole version. It’s hearty, delicious and the definition of comfort food. (via I Heart Nap Time)
12. One-Pot Greek Chicken and Rice: Weeknight Greek cooking has never been so easy. Classic flavors like hummus, fresh tomatoes and feta are the main flavorings, but feel free to throw in a few kalamata olives if you’re feeling frisky. (via Oh My Creative)
14. One-Pot Middle Eastern Chicken and Rice: Go international on a Wednesday with a few staple spices and aromatics. Make sure to leave your chicken skin on, so you can get that crispy blackened flavor. (via Ev’s Eats)
15. One-Pot Moroccan Chicken and Rice: Your house will smell like a seasoned Moroccan kitchen thanks to cinnamon, saffron and ginger. This may take longer than your average one-pot meal, but it’s worth every second and then some. (via Hapa Nom Nom)
17. One-Pot Caribbean Jerk Chicken and Rice: Get ready for a major Caribbean taste explosion. If you’re feeling really gutsy, you can add a whole Scotch bonnet pepper to the mix. (via Immaculate Bites)
18. One-Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Rice: This sweet and savory dish brings all the umami out to play. Top with scallions and sesame seeds and you’re ready to serve to a crowd of hungry foodies. (via Carlsbad Cravings)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy weeknight meal ideas.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.