7 Pretty DIYs You Can Do With Paper Flowers
Whether you want to add a bit of floral decor to your home or you’re looking for the perfect way to make a memorable bouquet last forever, paper flowers are definitely the way to go. Once you gain this unexpectedly valuable skill, you’ll find that it’ll come in handy All. The. Time. But the best part about it? You can learn how to DIY paper flowers right here on our site.
Jessica Pezalla, founder of the design studio Bramble Workshop, created a 60-minute online class in which she’ll teach you how to turn ordinary crepe paper into beautiful peonies, dahlias and more, all for $19. And once you’ve mastered the course, you can put your new talent to work with the following exclusive Brit + Co tutorials. Happy crafting!
1. Floral Photo Backdrop: No celebration is complete without a photo booth. Take note, bridesmaids: This floral version would feel especially at home at a bridal shower (or any other summer event, for that matter).
2. Paper Flower Crowns: How cute are these two? From Coachella to a fun photo shoot, the number of ways you can put a flower crown to use is practically unlimited. We’re partial to making them for our littlest BFFs.
3. Ranunculi String Lights: These flowers might have a complicated name, but they’re quite simple to make. We love the idea of attaching them to string lights for an outdoor party, especially for one on a beautiful summer night.
4. Paper Bouquet: This is the perfect DIY for a big event in your life. Our very own Brit even walked down the aisle with her own faux-quet!
5. Garland Backdrop: This backdrop may feature fresh flowers, but you can easily replace them with your own creations. In fact, your DIY flowers will exponentially increase the lifespan of the garlands (crepe paper FTW!).
7. Head Wreath: After you learn how to work with crepe paper, take your skills to the next level: wrapping paper. While this particular tutorial focuses on a holiday head “wreath,” you can personalize the wrapping paper for every holiday.
What would you make with paper flowers? Share your ideas with us in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.