We’re always looking for ways to make cooking less of a chore while still keeping things healthy and fresh. A challenge? Sure. But it’s nothing these 14 packet meals can’t handle. When veggies, starch and protein cook together, getting dinner on the table can be almost as easy as warming up a frozen entree. Consider these wholesome and delicious recipes for your weeknight, one-pot supper supplement.
1. Barramundi en Papillote: These pouches house moist, flavorful, flaky fish and a slew of both hot and sweet peppers inside. Serve with tortillas or over a pile of your fave fluffy grain (or even riced cauliflower) for an even more complete meal. (via Jelly Toast)
2. Chicken and Vegetables in Parchment: A few splashes of leftover wine ensures that these lean packets filled with chicken breasts and veggies turn out totally tasty. (via Martha Stewart)
3. Seafood Spaghetti: While most of the prep for this dish happens on the stovetop, it’s the final few minutes in the oven that makes the flavors meld together just right. (via SheKnows)
4. Parchment Roasted Potatoes: Top these herbed taters with a poached egg or even a piece of parchment-cooked fish or chicken to round things out. (via Kitchen Konfidence)
5. Garlic Butter Baked Salmon in Foil: You can easily cook this lemony salmon on the grill when it’s too hot out to fire up the oven. (via Little Spice Jar)
6. Moroccan Vegetable Packets: A drizzle of flavorful, harissa-spiced broth makes this vegetarian-friendly selection filled with squash, turnips, mushrooms and more shine big time. (via Food Network)
7. Shrimp and Rainbow Quinoa en Papillote: Cooking raw shrimp doesn’t have to be a chore, and this parchment-packet method makes sure it comes out delicious every time. (via Jelly Toast)
8. Foil Packet “Soy”-Lime Salmon with Green Beans: Simple, savory flavors are the star here — the crisp-tender green beans and perfectly cooked salmon make for one spectacular combo. (via Confections of a Foodie Bride)
9. Mini Burritos: Totally make-ahead-friendly, these mini burritos make terrific appetizers for any occasion, or maybe even a fun, bite-size entree to enjoy on busy nights. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
10. Lobster With Vegetables and Butter Sauce: You can enjoy the taste of a classic New England lobster bake without all of the pots and pans with this indulgent recipe. (via SheKnows)
11. Tommy’s Pompano en Papillote: Get a taste of the Big Easy with this rich chowder loaded with a variety of seafood; you’ll find morsels of shrimp, oysters, crab and pompano swimming in the creamy, herbed broth. (via Saveur)
12. Ginger-Mango Chicken en Papillote: Spicy and sweet, these chicken breasts prepared with mangoes, jalapeños and fresh ginger are far from boring. (via Jelly Toast)
13. Salmon and Asparagus in Foil: When asparagus is in season, we can hardly get enough of the verdant veggie. Our mouths are already watering at the thought of the stalks partnered up with salmon and citrus in these packets. (via MJ and Hungryman)
14. Roasted Turkey in Parchment Paper: Thanksgiving turkey give you trouble in the past? This method promises tender results, no brining required. (via Rasa Malaysia)
Have you ever made a packet meal before? What are your favorite foods to tuck together inside a sheet of parchment or foil? Share with us below!