Roll call: Party-ready dress with plenty of panache (think: sequins for days): check. Sassy ankle-strap heels made for dominating the dance floor: check. A faux fur coat that solidifies your burgeoning It-girl status: triple check. The only thing missing from this #OOTD equation? An eye-catching bag with big-time personality. Because when it comes to #details, you don’t mess around. A classic black box clutch or glitzy perspex bag would no doubt get the job done, but if you’re after something with a little more oomph, a more is more approach to accessorizing is non-negotiable. With that in mind, we put our feelers out and found these outrageously ah-mazing clutches, crossbody and mini bags that will earn you all the style points this season.
1. Anthropologie Pop Art Clutch ($98): Hold everything. Instead of tailoring your accessories to complement your getup, why not do it the other way around. The artful print, bright colors and shimmery beads on this avant-garde clutch were meant to be shown off, so don’t make them play a supporting role. Put this pretty piece front row center by styling it with a metallic wrap dress or monochromatic separates.
2. Zara Mini Patch Crossbody Bag ($30): This playfully patched-up crossbody is exactly what the doctor ordered. Between the interchangeable straps (we’re totes digging that striped guitar strap), sassy patches and after hours-approved shade of silver, you’ll be reaching for this stunner on the regular, whether you’re rockin’ distressed denim or your fave pair of dancing shoes. We’re also digging the vibe it gives off when teamed with a camel menswear coat, basic beanie and fuzzy turtleneck sweater in a muted hue.
3. Marc Jacobs Star Patchwork Wallet Crossbody ($207): It’s time to break into that piggy bank: Bold graphics and streamlined styling make this number your ideal dance floor partner. Go hands-free by slinging it across your shoulder with a satin slip dress, then watch as the compliments come rolling in on your next GNO.
4. Zara Text Crossbody Bag ($40): You gotta love a chic bag that does all the talking for you. Besides adding edge to any after-dark outfit, it just might keep potential creepers at bay. Pop it on with a bomber jacket, cropped mom jeans and a statement ear cuff for a laid-back look that reads cool girl in training.
5. Loewe Multi Stripe Elephant Coin Purse ($380): This is one elephant in the room you’ll be more than happy to talk about. Proceed to turn up the art school charm with this statement-making coin purse that will give everyone who lays eyes on it something to talk about (hello, new first date companion). Tap into your inner fashion girl by rocking it with a faux fur coat and a dress-over-pants combo that’s sure to inspire a few extra double taps.
6. Forever21 Sushi Print Clutch ($6): We’re all over anything-but-basics bags that deserve a highly coveted spot in your off-duty lineup. Introducing the sushi-tastic pouch that will inject that little bit of extra swagger into every #OOTD. For max perfection, style it with a twirl-worthy metallic pleat skirt, striped sweater and ankle boots.
7. Zara Printed Backpack ($30): Take note: This excitable sac isn’t just reserved for school days. Be it a Sunday morning farmers’ market excursion or an early morning spin class, this OTT backpack is edgy enough to earn you some serious style cred, and versatile enough to score a spot in your weekly lineup.
8. LYDC Exclusive You Use to Call Clutch Bag ($38): Run, don’t walk, to snatch up this OMG-worthy bag that gives new meaning to the term hotline bling. The old-school styling makes us want to bust out our throwback best — distressed mom jeans and chokers, anyone? Elevate it with a pinstripe blazer, sultry slip and ankle-strap heels for a modern take on ‘80s power dressing.
9. Kate Spade New York Hartley Lane Initial Lacey Leather Wallet ($198): Blasé isn’t in your vocabulary, and this exclamatory wallet is proof. Consider it your secret weapon for gloomy gray days. Every time you pull it out of your trusty working-girl bag, it’ll chase the winter blahs away.
10. Zara Looney Tunes Minaudière ($50): With ugly sweater party season officially here, you need an arsenal of accessories to take your celebratory ensemble to the next level. AKA, you need to add this tacky AF Tweety minaudière to your lineup stat. Between the loud color and contrasting strap, this cartoonish crossbody just may win you the highly coveted title of best “worst” dressed.
11. Skinnydip Lobster Caviar Clutch ($45): Talk about a serious catch! Even if caviar isn’t your cup of tea, this cute can clutch is a must-have essential for any street style star in training. The nautical necessity is sure to turn heads, especially when teamed with a Breton stripe top, patent pants and a longline coat.
12. Go Jane Pop Art Parade Faux Leather Clutch ($33): Blending in isn’t even an option with this perfect pop art pouch on hand. Add instant swagger to a classic party dress by rockin’ it with this eye-catching bag, a leather jacket and combat boots for a healthy dose of don’t-mess-around ‘tude.
13. Express Geometric Coconuts Clutch Set ($35): Planning to head south of the border for some much-needed sunshine? Don’t even think about flying the coop without this pom-pom studded stunner on hand. Load it up with your beach beauty essentials and proceed to hit the boardwalk in style.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.