Nothing rings in the season better than holiday cocktails . While some folks pine for next-level hot cocoa recipes , others are longing for sweet and spiced cider cocktails . There are plenty of reasons you may want to sip at a few fancy drinks this holiday season. Perhaps it’s to get through an awkward work mixer, or maybe it’s the *only* way you can tolerate a certain in-law. Regardless of the sitch, these 12 festive Christmas cocktails are guaranteed to make you feel warm, fuzzy and in high spirits.
1. Hula on Ice : This is *the* cocktail you need this holiday season. With bright notes of pineapple and coconut meddling with spiced rum, chai and a tea-based syrup, this drink is easy to make and perfect for any gathering — big or small. (via The Sweetest Occasion )
2. Rum-Soaked Cherry Soothers : Fresh cherries and rum. That’s it — and that’s all you’ll ever want after you sip on one of these beauty shooters. This sweet and spiced drink is a fantastic boozy dessert or nightcap for the holiday season. (via Highwalls )
3. Ruby Thyme Spritzer : We love brunch and we love cocktails — who doesn’t? But there’s more to choose from than the usual mimosas, Bellinis and Bloody Marys. This spritzer combines your morning fruit juice with fresh thyme to create a herbaceous cocktail that will pair wonderfully with your waffles or eggs benny. (via Garlic and Zest )
4. Candy Cane Cocktail With Homemade Candy Cane Infused Vodka : We’re used to seeing the candy cane incorporated into desserts and hot cocoas, but cocktails? Sign us up! This ruby-hued drink is as festive as it gets. (via Boulder Locavore )
5. Gingerbread White Russian : This rich and creamy classic gets a nice kick with the addition of ginger beer. As if that wasn’t exciting enough, gingersnaps get an invitation to the party too. Milk and cookies, please take a back seat. (via Bijoux and Bits )
6. Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria : If your heart lies with fall flavors — even around the winter holidays — these apple cider sangrias are a fab way to indulge. They’re crisp, refreshing and won’t weigh you down. (via Pizzazzerie )
7. Berry Limoncello Sangria : Nothing can brighten up a drink more than the tang and sweetness from limoncello. This fruity and flavorful sangria brings berries to the equation for a full flavor that can’t be denied. This just *might* end up being your go-to sangria from now on. (via Cafe Delites )
8. Jack Frost Cocktail : This icy blue drink is totally as delish as it looks! Though we’ll admit, the blue Curacao, pineapple juice and coconut cream will tease you with a hint of summer. (via The Blond Cook )
9. Salted Caramel White Russians : If your love for cocktails knows no bounds and adventure is your middle name, these sweet and herbaceous drinks will be a slurp-worthy dream come true. Traditional White Russians get dolled up with amaretto, a drizzle of salted caramel sauce and some chocolate and rosemary for extra WOW factor. (via Kate la Vie )
10. Eggnog Cocktail : It’s not really the holidays until you break out that ‘nog. This spiced, rich and creamy delicacy is yearned for all year long, so celebrating its arrival makes sense — and adding it to a cocktail is *clearly* the only way to celebrate. (via The Adventures of Bob and Shan )
11. Christmas Cookie Martini : A cookie-inspired martini is apparently a thing, and we are losing our collective minds. If you’re not into baking but most definitely into drinking, let this be your dessert. (via I’m Bored Let’s Go )
12. Bourbon Apple Cider Shrub Cocktails : A shrub takes some planning and some patience, but boy-oh-boy is it ever worth the wait. Apples and bourbon become buddies in this elixir, and it’s kind of the best thing ever. (via Vanilla and Bean )
Follow us on Pinterest for more exciting cocktail inspo!