15 Tips + Tricks for Getting Perfect Eyebrows
You should never underestimate the importance of eyebrows. A good brow anchors the face and complements your features, and the right eyebrow shape can make you look as though you’ve had a mini makeover! Since not all brow shapes look good on all faces, and not all brow shapes work for one face, use these 15 tips + tricks to choose the brow that’s best for you!
1. Don’t Change The Shape Too Much: A few years back it was all about having very thin eyebrows, but now it’s all about keeping the natural shape, which makes this easier. Follow your natural shape as closely as possible by just contouring. (via Michelle Phan)
3. Eyebrows for Square Faces: If you have a square face, your goal is to soften the face with a softly rounded brow. Since a square face already has strong angled features, make sure to avoid angular and seriously rounded brow shapes. (via Le Fashion)
6. Heart Face Shape: Balance a smaller chin and jawline with well manicured and groomed brows. To groom brows precisely on your own, trace the outline of your desired brow shape with a white liner pencil, then only pluck strays that fall outside the line. (via Daily Makeover)
8. Don’t Aim For Symmetry: One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to try to make each brow exactly the same. Each of them is different, so look at them individually at first, then step back and look at your whole face and adjust as necessary. (via Fashiony Fab)
9. Close to the Nose: This is a great trick if you want a thinner looking nose! The closer you get to your nose on the inner corner is best, but, of course, you don’t want to end up with a unibrow. (via Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily)
11. Apply Primer: Lots of people skip this step, but it will help keep your brows from slipping off your face. It’s also really important if you have oily skin or rely on a lot of filler. (via Keiko Lynn)
12. Fill in Your Brows: Use an eyebrow pencil to fill in your brows with a shade lighter than their natural color. This will create a shadow under the hair. After filling them in, brush the brows to blend and soften, being certain to follow the direction of the hairs for the most natural finish. (via Bella Sugar)
14. Trim, Don’t Wax: Celebrity stylist Fiona Stiles recommends steering clear of waxing, because makeup won’t stick to waxed skin. She prefers trimming and tweezing since you can pick the hairs that you want to remove and take your time doing it. (via Forbes)
15. Use Eyebrow Sealer: After you’ve carefully filled in your brows and created the perfect shape, it’s essential to seal them into place — especially if you have oily skin or will be out in the hot sun. Using an eyebrow sealer will drastically lengthen the amount of time your eyebrow color stays in place. (via Keiko Lynn)
Have you had any eyebrow catastrophes? What tricks do you use to style your brows? Talk to us in the comments below!