25 of the Wackiest Beauty Tools You Can Buy
Every gal knows a good gadget is hard to pass up. After all, where would we be without our iPads and FitBits? Stuck in the 20th century, that’s where. But despite our allegiance to all things tech, we know we wouldn’t be the fabulous ladies we are today without some pretty cool beauty tools. Our moms had curlers and Aquanet, we have DevaFusers and Clarisonics. Same diff, really. Read on for 25 of the coolest beauty tools you can add to your vanity now.
2. Ultra CHI Coral Reef Flat Iron ($90): This is basically the iPhone of flat irons. It’s the best, everyone wants one and you can trick it out in a rotating variety of patterns (like your phone case, duh). This model is ceramic tourmaline (buh-BYE frizz) and comes with a coordinating tote (hello, free purse!).
4. 4pc Pro Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge Set ($30): They may look like baby toys, but these rainbow beauties will buff your makeup on like a pro. Plus, they’re latex-free and infused with vitamin E, which is super good for your skin.
5. Tangle Teezer ($19): Unless you’re using a boar bristle brush to get shine and Rita Hayworth-level waves, it’s time to stop dry brushing your hair. It hurts, it yanks and it rips your hair. Instead, lather up and glide one of these babies through your hair in the shower. This method is especially important for curly girls.
6. DevaCurl DevaGloves ($20): And speaking of curly girls… put down the towel. Standard terrycloth towels increase frizz and decrease curl formation. Use these microfiber gloves to scrunch the excess moisture out and promote curl formation at the same time. Don’t want to spend the money for something new? A 100% cotton t-shirt or some paper towels will work just as well.
7. Tweezerman Folding ILashcomb ($12): Clumps-be-gone! We know we’re not supposed to use our eyelash curler after we apply mascara, but it makes such a better curl! Now, the war between curled lashes and clumps can end. Curl then comb for your most bombshell lashes ever.
8. Bliss Fabulips ‘Pout’-o-matic Spa-Powered Lip Perfecting System ($48): It’s basically a Sonicare toothbrush for your lips. You’ll never have to worry about dry, cracked lips again. Significant others around the world can breathe a sigh of relief.
9. Chi Touch Screen Dryer ($200): Your hairdryer just mated with a computer. Those of us who are so over three speeds and a cool button can rejoice. The Chi dryer has four screens, three temperatures, three speeds and three ion settings.
10. Goody Quik Style Paddle Brush With Microfiber Bristles ($7): Remember the good old days (ahem, the ’90s) when Goody made everyone’s favorite hair accessories? Well, they’re back with this awesome paddle brush. Microfiber means it’s a towel and brush in one.
11. Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing Device in Surf ($149): By now, we know you’ve heard about the Clarisonic. But if you haven’t taken the plunge and purchased one of your own, trust us, it’s time. Within a week, your skin will be cleaner than you’ve ever seen it, and within a month, you won’t recognize the dewy-skinned creature looking back at you from the mirror. Yes, it’s that good.
12. Dr. Dennis Gross Steamer Solutions ($125 ): Granted, this thing looks like a cross between a coffee pot and a vacuum cleaner, but it makes you pretty. Honestly, it looks like something the Jetsons would own and lets you give yourself a spa-quality facial at home. Talk about cool.
13. T3 Veloce Hair Dryer ($99): If Chi is an iPhone, T3 is a Lamborghini. And not just because Veloce means fast in Italian. This dryer uses ionic, infrared tech to dry your hair from the inside out with no frizz. How’s it do that? Crushed up gemstones. That’s right.
14. Sarah Potempa Jet Setter Cordless Iron ($99): Anyone who’s ever had their straightener confiscated by airport security knows how cool this little gadget is. Step off a flight looking picture perfect, or charge it in the car for last minute touch ups.
16. “Not Your Mother’s” Satin Bonnet ($37): So maybe wearing a glorified shower cap to bed will make you look more like the grandmother from Little Red Riding Hood than you’d like, but waking up with silky smooth hair that doesn’t need to be restyled and curls as good as first-day hair, might just make it worth it.
17. T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers ($99): Honored by Martha Stewart, these rollers are a major update on the ones your mother used. T3 guarantees volume, shape, movement and shine in every strand. Create gorgeous curls or a dry bar level blowout in mere minutes with these 21st century hot rollers.
18. Bed Head Curlipops 1″ Reverse Conical Curling Iron Wand ($28): Create grand-slam curls with this baseball-bat-shaped wand. Use the top of the barrel to create loose, voluminous waves and the bottom for tighter curls. We love multifunctional styling tools.
19. Go Smile On the Go Teeth Whitening Pen ($22): A whitening strip you have to leave on your teeth for half an hour every morning? Ain’t nobody got time for that. Pop this pen in your purse and enjoy the convenience of whitening when and where you want. It’s one week to a glowing smile.
20. Long Spiral Curls Curlformers Styling Kit ($59): Alright, so you might not look cool while wearing these, but gorgeous spiral curls without any heat damage to your delicate tresses sure sounds cool to us. And they look way comfier to sleep on than rollers.
22. Bliss Fatgirlslim Lean Machine ($145): Ever heard of dry brushing to boost glow and blast cellulite? Well, the lean machine is dry brushing on crack. Seriously, it’s “thigh” tech. The handheld machine delivers a powerful little massage with a whole host of benefits. Add it to your healthy eating and exercise routine and bring out your inner Miranda Kerr.
23. DevalCurl DevaDryer + DevaFuser ($160): We’re not sure if that diffuser looks like some alien hand grabbing your head or the universal sign for Bob Marley’s favorite herb, but the Internet claims this is a Holy Grail product for shiny, bouncy, frizz-free curls. And when it comes to beauty advice, we trust the Internet.
24. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe 2-in-1 Styling System ($43): For something supposedly inspired by nature, the perfect beach waves are surprisingly hard to achieve. When you don’t have time to lay out and let the salt spray do its thang, pop on one of the interchangeable attachments for this curling wand and say hello to beach babe beauty.
25. Hot Tools 1-1/4″ Rainbow Gold Curling Iron ($40): Here’s a tried and trusted classic in a super cool new rainbow gold design. No matter what nifty gadgets may come and go, the original curling iron will always have a place in our hearts and our bathroom cabinets.
What beauty tool can’t you live without? Comment and tell us your coolest of the cool beauty gadgets!