15 Creative Products to Perk Up a Summer Picnic
Summer afternoons are perfect playing hooking and packing a picnic. (Not that we ever play hooky!) Regardless of when you’re heading to the park with a delicious spread in tow, there are a few supplies you’re going to need to make your al fresco meal a success. First, a picnic blanket, next some sunglasses, and last but not least, don’t forget to pack your bottle opener! Oh right, and these 15 essentials, of course.
1. Red Cup Living Wine Glass ($8): If you’re looking to bring just the tiniest bit of class to your picnic, go for these wine goblets modeled after the classic red party cups.
2. Picnic at Ascot Picnic Backpack Cooler with Blanket ($100): Consider this the one-stop shop for picnic supplies. You can buy it on the way to the park and be completely ready.
3. Cool Stainless Steel 3-Tier Tiffin Lunch Box ($20): Perfect for bringing burger fixings or a trio of salads or cheeses this stainless steel lunch box doubles as a picnic kit. Also available in a warm color scheme.
4. French Bull Flatware Snap Set ($15): In three bright colors, this cutlery set snaps into place to save space in your picnic basket, which means more room for delicious treats.
6. Threshold Ikat Appetizer Plates ($10 for 4): Don’t make your friends eat off of paper plates! Instead stock up on these appetizer sized plates that are easy to pack in your picnic bag.
7. Teak Wood Cutlery ($18): We love these elegant wooden utensils, just be sure you hand wash them after the picnic.
8. Zak Designs 1-Pint Ice Cream Tubbies ($15): If you’re an ice cream addict like everyone in our office, you’ll want at least one of these insulated containers to keep your pint frozen while you enjoy the rest of your picnic. No more ice cream soup at the end of the meal.
9. French Bull Ziggy Plate ($8 each): Multi colored zigs and zags decorate this perfectly-sized picnic plate.
10. Colori Watermelon Knife ($30): If you’re slicing your watermelon blanket-side, you’ll need this knife. Not only is it on-theme, but the seed cutouts help keep the blade from sticking in the rind.
11. Glitterville Melamine Plates ($60 for 6): Inspired by paper plates these melamine plates are ideal for picnics, patio dinners, and more.
12. Biodegradable Bamboo Picnic Set ($16): If you want to go eco-friendly at your picnic, choose these bamboo plates and utensils. They biodegrade in just 4 to 6 months.
13. Rubbermaid 10 qt Personal Cooler ($20): What could be better in the world of picnic supplies than a cooler in bright neon green? We don’t know; we haven’t found anything to top it.
14. Mobile Foodie Survival Kit ($26): Make sure that everyone at your picnic can season their meal to their liking with this all-in-one spice kit.
15. Rice dk Melamine Cups ($31): Modeled after French tumblers, these bright, unbreakable glasses are perfect for your picnic. Plus, they’re opaque so you can enjoy wine inconspicuously.
Bonus! Wine Sack ($63): You know what big fans we are of this multi-tasking purse. All you have to do is insert the skein from your boxed wine in to the tote, and toss in your wallet, keys, and phone, and you’re ready to picnic.
What do you always pack in your picnic bag? Tell us in the comments below!