19 Plus-Size Dresses for Every Spring Event
There’s no better way to usher in the arrival of (hopefully) warmer weather than by indulging in some much-needed retail therapy. ‘Cause a fashion girl’s gotta shop! Wondering what to wear to a spring wedding or what to wear to a festival? Take your pick from a slew of spring dresses that will get you through any spring celebration, outdoor concert and beyond. Think: bright and punchy palettes, next-level florals and abbreviated hemlines that are practically begging for more fun in the sun. Whether you’re on the hunt for the perfect weekend wear (hello, versatile denim shirt dress) or a stunning chiffon gown that can serve double duty for a bridal shower and a spring gala, it’s all here. Don’t wait until spring break to add these 19 gorgeous spring dresses to the rotation. They deserve to be front and center now.
1. Simply Be Stripe Shift Dress ($58): This fluorescent striped shift dress is inspiring us to skip spring and jump right into summer. Cue the floppy hats and free-wheelin’ slides for a late-spring jubilee or a day at the races.
2. City Chic Soft Layer Popover Bodice Tunic Dress ($79): Calling all color enthusiasts: Get ready for chartreuse to become your new power color this spring. Accessorize this easy-breezy tunic dress with a set of dangling earrings and some chic sandles for a fun night on the town.
3. Adrianna Papell Poppies Sleeveless Fit & Flare Dress ($160): Run, don’t walk, to snag this knockout floral dress that would look best teamed with mirrored specs and windblown hair. Take style cues from T-Swift herself by completing the look with a denim jacket and some trusty canvas sneakers.
4. Mynt 1792 Sleeveless Jersey Blouson Maxi Dress ($218): Fact: It’s not really soiree season until you have a slew of dreamy pastel-hued gowns on standby. This flowy coral dress with a peekaboo slit is so pretty, you’ll actually want to wear it beyond your bridesmaid duties.
5. Who What Wear for Target Women’s Plus-Size Midi Shirt Dress ($40): This wear-with-everything chambray shirt dress from Who What Wear’s collaboration with Target is a must-have for your spring capsule wardrobe. It can be dressed up with wedges for Sunday brunch or pared down with white tennies for the first baseball game of the season.
6. Michael Michael Kors Ponte Fit and Flare Dress ($150): If you’re looking for a versatile LBD that can be styled a million and one ways, this is it. Pair the classic fit and flare silhouette with black pumps for your office’s happy hour, lace-up ghillies for a black tie affair or metallic Birks for a stroll along the boardwalk. It’s that easy.
7. Simply Be Button Sleeve Shirt Dress ($49): Master transitional dressing with this army green utility dress that can be teamed with riding boots now and lace-up gladiators come festival season. Edge it up with a messy fishtail braid and some flash tats.
8. BEYOND by Ashley Graham Plus Size White V-Neck Dress ($62): Rock this delicate white frock for a fancy dinner party, Easter weekend with the fam or even a quick getaway to the Hamptons. With a quick switcheroo — swap out the sunnies for a statement necklace, and black d’Orsays pumps for sandals — you’ll be well equipped for every spring event on your iCal.
9. City Chic Floral Print Tulip Dress ($149): Roll out the red carpet — this stunning strapless number is ready for its close-up. The bold floral print is not only guaranteed to dominate on the dance floor, but it’s just as worthy for an afternoon in paradise too.
10. Chetta B Metallic Stripe Fit & Flare Dress ($148): Get the partay started with this DDG metallic stripe dress that’s worthy of a spring gala, date night with bae — you name it. Take it there with a sophisticated updo, a minaudière clutch and some dancin’ shoes.
11. H&M+ Ribbed Dress ($50): Perfect your throw-on-and-go routine with this black and white striped dress that’s practically made for off-duty weekends. Keep things on the DL by styling it alongside your prized field jacket and a sporty baseball cap.
12. Old Navy Chambray Plus-Size Cami Dress ($45): Embrace a springtime ‘tude with this chambray cami dress that will inspire you to do less. For a foolproof look that requires zero effort, simply throw in a white denim jacket and some leather mules.
13. Missguided Plus-Size Checked Shirt Dress ($51): Combat chilly spring temps with this oversized plaid shirt dress that can be paired with a leather jacket and OTK boots on any day of the week. Major bonus: The high-low hem is even HR-approved.
14. Missguided Plus-Size Leather Zip Back Midi Dress ($68): So much YAS. Show off your sultry side with this scene-stealing leather dress that will make you look (and feel) like Beyoncé. (Did you check out that exposed leather zipper on the back?!) Be first-date ready just like that by pairing it with some strappy steppers and major confidence.
15. Truly You Bright Floral Jacquard Shift Dress ($55): Unleash your inner flower child with this shift dress that Marcia Brady would totes approve of. Pair it with some throwback clogs and a fringed crossbody bag for a rad festival-going getup.
16. ASOS Curve Premium Pencil Dress With Pleat Side ($82): Take the corporate world by storm in this mint-hued pencil dress with major #girlboss appeal. Style it with a timeless trench coat and a ladylike satchel for a look that will slay.
17. Forever21 Plus Stripe T-Shirt Dress ($15): Lend some tough-girl edge to your spring lineup with this edgy striped t-shirt dress that will be hitting the town. Bring on the ‘90s-esque choker necklaces and combat boots, ‘cause this stunner is ready to come out and play.
18. Truly You Over Scale Floral Print Shift ($65): Whether you’re a bride-to-be or not, you’d be crazy NOT to say “I do” to this swoon-inducing floral dress. Period.
19. Violeta by Mango Printed Gown ($130): Taking you from an outdoor concert to a rustic-chic wedding, this flowy gown shall not be overlooked. Seriously, just add a tassel necklace and some gold gladiators for the win.
Which of these spring dresses are you currently coveting? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.