19 Plus-Size Dresses for Every Spring Event
There’s no better way to usher in the arrival of (hopefully) warmer weather than by indulging in some much-needed retail therapy. ‘Cause a fashion girl’s gotta shop! Wondering what to wear to a spring wedding or what to wear to a festival? Take your pick from a slew of spring dresses that will get you through any spring celebration, outdoor concert and beyond. Think: bright and punchy palettes, next-level florals and abbreviated hemlines that are practically begging for more fun in the sun. Whether you’re on the hunt for the perfect weekend wear (hello, versatile denim shirt dress) or a stunning chiffon gown that can serve double duty for a bridal shower and a spring gala, it’s all here. Don’t wait until spring break to add these 19 gorgeous spring dresses to the rotation. They deserve to be front and center now.
1. Simply Be Stripe Shift Dress ($58): This fluorescent striped shift dress is inspiring us to skip spring and jump right into summer. Cue the floppy hats and free-wheelin’ slides for a late-spring jubilee or a day at the races.
2. City Chic Soft Layer Popover Bodice Tunic Dress ($79): Calling all color enthusiasts: Get ready for chartreuse to become your new power color this spring. Accessorize this easy-breezy tunic dress with a set of dangling earrings and some chic sandles for a fun night on the town.
3. Adrianna Papell Poppies Sleeveless Fit & Flare Dress ($160): Run, don’t walk, to snag this knockout floral dress that would look best teamed with mirrored specs and windblown hair. Take style cues from T-Swift herself by completing the look with a denim jacket and some trusty canvas sneakers.
4. Mynt 1792 Sleeveless Jersey Blouson Maxi Dress ($218): Fact: It’s not really soiree season until you have a slew of dreamy pastel-hued gowns on standby. This flowy coral dress with a peekaboo slit is so pretty, you’ll actually want to wear it beyond your bridesmaid duties.
5. Who What Wear for Target Women’s Plus-Size Midi Shirt Dress ($40): This wear-with-everything chambray shirt dress from Who What Wear’s collaboration with Target is a must-have for your spring capsule wardrobe. It can be dressed up with wedges for Sunday brunch or pared down with white tennies for the first baseball game of the season.
6. Michael Michael Kors Ponte Fit and Flare Dress ($150): If you’re looking for a versatile LBD that can be styled a million and one ways, this is it. Pair the classic fit and flare silhouette with black pumps for your office’s happy hour, lace-up ghillies for a black tie affair or metallic Birks for a stroll along the boardwalk. It’s that easy.
7. Simply Be Button Sleeve Shirt Dress ($49): Master transitional dressing with this army green utility dress that can be teamed with riding boots now and lace-up gladiators come festival season. Edge it up with a messy fishtail braid and some flash tats.
8. BEYOND by Ashley Graham Plus Size White V-Neck Dress ($62): Rock this delicate white frock for a fancy dinner party, Easter weekend with the fam or even a quick getaway to the Hamptons. With a quick switcheroo — swap out the sunnies for a statement necklace, and black d’Orsays pumps for sandals — you’ll be well equipped for every spring event on your iCal.
9. City Chic Floral Print Tulip Dress ($149): Roll out the red carpet — this stunning strapless number is ready for its close-up. The bold floral print is not only guaranteed to dominate on the dance floor, but it’s just as worthy for an afternoon in paradise too.
10. Chetta B Metallic Stripe Fit & Flare Dress ($148): Get the partay started with this DDG metallic stripe dress that’s worthy of a spring gala, date night with bae — you name it. Take it there with a sophisticated updo, a minaudière clutch and some dancin’ shoes.
11. H&M+ Ribbed Dress ($50): Perfect your throw-on-and-go routine with this black and white striped dress that’s practically made for off-duty weekends. Keep things on the DL by styling it alongside your prized field jacket and a sporty baseball cap.
12. Old Navy Chambray Plus-Size Cami Dress ($45): Embrace a springtime ‘tude with this chambray cami dress that will inspire you to do less. For a foolproof look that requires zero effort, simply throw in a white denim jacket and some leather mules.
13. Missguided Plus-Size Checked Shirt Dress ($51): Combat chilly spring temps with this oversized plaid shirt dress that can be paired with a leather jacket and OTK boots on any day of the week. Major bonus: The high-low hem is even HR-approved.
14. Missguided Plus-Size Leather Zip Back Midi Dress ($68): So much YAS. Show off your sultry side with this scene-stealing leather dress that will make you look (and feel) like Beyoncé. (Did you check out that exposed leather zipper on the back?!) Be first-date ready just like that by pairing it with some strappy steppers and major confidence.
15. Truly You Bright Floral Jacquard Shift Dress ($55): Unleash your inner flower child with this shift dress that Marcia Brady would totes approve of. Pair it with some throwback clogs and a fringed crossbody bag for a rad festival-going getup.
16. ASOS Curve Premium Pencil Dress With Pleat Side ($82): Take the corporate world by storm in this mint-hued pencil dress with major #girlboss appeal. Style it with a timeless trench coat and a ladylike satchel for a look that will slay.
17. Forever21 Plus Stripe T-Shirt Dress ($15): Lend some tough-girl edge to your spring lineup with this edgy striped t-shirt dress that will be hitting the town. Bring on the ‘90s-esque choker necklaces and combat boots, ‘cause this stunner is ready to come out and play.
18. Truly You Over Scale Floral Print Shift ($65): Whether you’re a bride-to-be or not, you’d be crazy NOT to say “I do” to this swoon-inducing floral dress. Period.
19. Violeta by Mango Printed Gown ($130): Taking you from an outdoor concert to a rustic-chic wedding, this flowy gown shall not be overlooked. Seriously, just add a tassel necklace and some gold gladiators for the win.
Which of these spring dresses are you currently coveting? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.