19 Plus-Size Dresses for Every Spring Event
There’s no better way to usher in the arrival of (hopefully) warmer weather than by indulging in some much-needed retail therapy. ‘Cause a fashion girl’s gotta shop! Wondering what to wear to a spring wedding or what to wear to a festival? Take your pick from a slew of spring dresses that will get you through any spring celebration, outdoor concert and beyond. Think: bright and punchy palettes, next-level florals and abbreviated hemlines that are practically begging for more fun in the sun. Whether you’re on the hunt for the perfect weekend wear (hello, versatile denim shirt dress) or a stunning chiffon gown that can serve double duty for a bridal shower and a spring gala, it’s all here. Don’t wait until spring break to add these 19 gorgeous spring dresses to the rotation. They deserve to be front and center now.
1. Simply Be Stripe Shift Dress ($58): This fluorescent striped shift dress is inspiring us to skip spring and jump right into summer. Cue the floppy hats and free-wheelin’ slides for a late-spring jubilee or a day at the races.
2. City Chic Soft Layer Popover Bodice Tunic Dress ($79): Calling all color enthusiasts: Get ready for chartreuse to become your new power color this spring. Accessorize this easy-breezy tunic dress with a set of dangling earrings and some chic sandles for a fun night on the town.
3. Adrianna Papell Poppies Sleeveless Fit & Flare Dress ($160): Run, don’t walk, to snag this knockout floral dress that would look best teamed with mirrored specs and windblown hair. Take style cues from T-Swift herself by completing the look with a denim jacket and some trusty canvas sneakers.
4. Mynt 1792 Sleeveless Jersey Blouson Maxi Dress ($218): Fact: It’s not really soiree season until you have a slew of dreamy pastel-hued gowns on standby. This flowy coral dress with a peekaboo slit is so pretty, you’ll actually want to wear it beyond your bridesmaid duties.
5. Who What Wear for Target Women’s Plus-Size Midi Shirt Dress ($40): This wear-with-everything chambray shirt dress from Who What Wear’s collaboration with Target is a must-have for your spring capsule wardrobe. It can be dressed up with wedges for Sunday brunch or pared down with white tennies for the first baseball game of the season.
6. Michael Michael Kors Ponte Fit and Flare Dress ($150): If you’re looking for a versatile LBD that can be styled a million and one ways, this is it. Pair the classic fit and flare silhouette with black pumps for your office’s happy hour, lace-up ghillies for a black tie affair or metallic Birks for a stroll along the boardwalk. It’s that easy.
7. Simply Be Button Sleeve Shirt Dress ($49): Master transitional dressing with this army green utility dress that can be teamed with riding boots now and lace-up gladiators come festival season. Edge it up with a messy fishtail braid and some flash tats.
8. BEYOND by Ashley Graham Plus Size White V-Neck Dress ($62): Rock this delicate white frock for a fancy dinner party, Easter weekend with the fam or even a quick getaway to the Hamptons. With a quick switcheroo — swap out the sunnies for a statement necklace, and black d’Orsays pumps for sandals — you’ll be well equipped for every spring event on your iCal.
9. City Chic Floral Print Tulip Dress ($149): Roll out the red carpet — this stunning strapless number is ready for its close-up. The bold floral print is not only guaranteed to dominate on the dance floor, but it’s just as worthy for an afternoon in paradise too.
10. Chetta B Metallic Stripe Fit & Flare Dress ($148): Get the partay started with this DDG metallic stripe dress that’s worthy of a spring gala, date night with bae — you name it. Take it there with a sophisticated updo, a minaudière clutch and some dancin’ shoes.
11. H&M+ Ribbed Dress ($50): Perfect your throw-on-and-go routine with this black and white striped dress that’s practically made for off-duty weekends. Keep things on the DL by styling it alongside your prized field jacket and a sporty baseball cap.
12. Old Navy Chambray Plus-Size Cami Dress ($45): Embrace a springtime ‘tude with this chambray cami dress that will inspire you to do less. For a foolproof look that requires zero effort, simply throw in a white denim jacket and some leather mules.
13. Missguided Plus-Size Checked Shirt Dress ($51): Combat chilly spring temps with this oversized plaid shirt dress that can be paired with a leather jacket and OTK boots on any day of the week. Major bonus: The high-low hem is even HR-approved.
14. Missguided Plus-Size Leather Zip Back Midi Dress ($68): So much YAS. Show off your sultry side with this scene-stealing leather dress that will make you look (and feel) like Beyoncé. (Did you check out that exposed leather zipper on the back?!) Be first-date ready just like that by pairing it with some strappy steppers and major confidence.
15. Truly You Bright Floral Jacquard Shift Dress ($55): Unleash your inner flower child with this shift dress that Marcia Brady would totes approve of. Pair it with some throwback clogs and a fringed crossbody bag for a rad festival-going getup.
16. ASOS Curve Premium Pencil Dress With Pleat Side ($82): Take the corporate world by storm in this mint-hued pencil dress with major #girlboss appeal. Style it with a timeless trench coat and a ladylike satchel for a look that will slay.
17. Forever21 Plus Stripe T-Shirt Dress ($15): Lend some tough-girl edge to your spring lineup with this edgy striped t-shirt dress that will be hitting the town. Bring on the ‘90s-esque choker necklaces and combat boots, ‘cause this stunner is ready to come out and play.
18. Truly You Over Scale Floral Print Shift ($65): Whether you’re a bride-to-be or not, you’d be crazy NOT to say “I do” to this swoon-inducing floral dress. Period.
19. Violeta by Mango Printed Gown ($130): Taking you from an outdoor concert to a rustic-chic wedding, this flowy gown shall not be overlooked. Seriously, just add a tassel necklace and some gold gladiators for the win.
Which of these spring dresses are you currently coveting? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.