Pom poms were pretty much invented for the holidays. Not only do they resemble fluffy rainbow snowballs, but they also add a cozy texture that’s perfect for winter. Plus you can add pom poms to just about anything for a simple (and adorable) DIY. Whether you’re in need of (or want) tree toppers or garlands, it’s amazing what you can do with yarn, scissors and a little bit of time. Once you’re done with the candy garlands and snow globes you can eat, check out these 15 ways to obsess over pom pom holiday decor.
1. DIY Pom Pom Tree Topper: Here’s a simple project you can craft up while streaming a mini marathon on Netflix. The finished product: A pom pom so fluffy you can’t stop hugging it. (via Sugar and Cloth)
2. Pom Pom Branches: If you have access to a tree and a hot glue gun, you can whip out these festive branches for practically nothing. Display them in vases or stick them in your tree for a super colorful look. Bonus: This is one tree you can leave up year-round. (via Aunt Peaches)
7. Pom Pom Mini Tree: Cover a cone of Styrofoam with big green pom poms for a mini tree that will last for years to come. If you’re feeling next- level, decorate it by wrapping a little garland around the “branches.” (via A.C. Moore)
8. Pom Pom Embellished Stockings: Craving a holiday DIY but don’t have a whole lot of room in your busy schedule? Save yourself some time by buying pom pom trim and gluing it to stockings that need a colorful update. (via Brit + Co)
11. Pom Pom Baubles: Clear baubles are perfect for personalizing with nontraditional holiday colors, and they’re affordable enough that you can turn them into cute place settings for every guest at the party. (via Make and Tell)
12. Tassel and Pom Pom Stockings: It doesn’t matter if you’re five or 95; tassels and pom poms are always a good idea. Not unlike oversized stockings filled with goodies on Christmas morning. (via A New Bloom)
15. Pom Pom Christmas Tree: If you’re celebrating the holidays in a warmer climate, this tropical-colored tree is the one for you. Forget plastic pine needles — DIY this way more rad paper pom pom tree instead. (via Sugar and Cloth)
Are you doing any pom pom projects? Show us your decorations by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!