12 Looks That Will Take You from the Boardroom to Your Holiday Party
With the first week of December behind us, the time crunch for finding the perfect holiday getup becomes all too real. Going beyond the classic outfit dilemma — a sequined dress or LBD, party pumps or d’Orsay flats? — the real doozy is figuring out how to go from a long day at the office to post-work celebration just like that. Because showing up in a stuffy button-down and trousers simply isn’t an option, we’ve put together 12 next-level boardroom essentials that will straight-up stun come happy hour. And the best part: No outfit switcheroo required!
1. Black Halo Joaquin Jumpsuit ($390): Show ’em who’s boss with this red-hot jumpsuit. Test drive it around the office with a smart blazer and minimal bling — think: simple drop earrings or dainty finger jewels — before ditching the blazer altogether for a holiday bar crawl.
2. & Other Stories Embellished Blouse ($95): Getting dressed in the morning is a cinch when you have an embellished blouse this fancy in your arsenal. Team it up with a blazer, sequined pencil skirt and chunky block heels for a day of meetings. Once it’s cocktail hour, a bold, red lip and classy topknot will have you ready to party in style.
3. J.Crew Pleated Midi Skirt in Metallic ($128): Meet the swoon-inducing, metallic skirt that will quickly become your hero piece in disguise. Style it with a chambray shirt, an oversized fisherman sweater or even an “ugly” holiday jumper if that’s your jam.
4. Banana Republic Scalloped White Silk Blouse ($98): For an ultra-femme accent, look no further than this scalloped silk blouse that’s perfect for black-tie affairs. Slip it on along with a black leather skirt and some sparkly diamond studs for a business-professional look that doesn’t mess around.
5. Topshop Pleated Awkward Length Trousers ($60): For a coveted off-duty look that still reads corporate, these metallic pleated trousers are everything. Edge up your look without getting into trouble with HR by opting for a sequined sweater and some strappy-heeled sandals.
6. H&M Sleeveless Peplum Top ($50): A structured peplum will always do you right when it comes to intimate dinner parties. Style this luxe emerald green option with a bejeweled statement necklace and bow pumps for a look that will definitely turn some heads.
7. J.Crew Collection Starry Sequin Romper ($695): Yes, wearing a sequined romper to work may sound risqué (‘cause it is), but don’t let that stop you from pulling off a major sartorial “do.” Pair this party-approved piece with a velvet jacket, black opaque tights and ankle booties for a one-and-done look sure to win you a compliment (or two) around the water cooler.
8. BR Monogram Gold Blazer ($198): Get ready to pull out all the stops with this menswear-inspired staple that will serve you well time and time again. Channel your inner Jenna Lyons by layering this tailored gold blazer over a crisp button-down, printed pants and pointy-toe pumps.
9. Lovers + Friends Off-Duty Embellished Sweatshirt ($188): Yes, you can wear a sweatshirt to the office, party-hopping and everything in between. Style this Balmain-esque number with a sleek, midi-length sweater skirt and some over-the-knee boots.
10. Pixie Market Black Lace Culottes ($82): From the streets to the boardroom, dressy culottes are just the thing for lazy girls who want nothing more than a non-fussy, casual-Friday getup. Trimmed with lace, this black pair will look ah-mazing with an embellished top or a pussybow blouse and an accessory in the form of a sparkly cocktail ring or minaudière clutch.
11. Reformation Joni Dress ($278): Spotted: The quintessential green suede dress to solidify your cool-girl status. Layer this game changer over a striped turtleneck sweater and slip on some metallic brogues for a considerably gamine look.
12. Hei Hei Gamma Sequined Joggers ($178): For holiday dinner parties where you know you’ll be eating + toasting the night away, these sequin joggers with a drawstring waist (!) will be a godsend. Keep the athleisure vibe going with a cool kimono jacket and some sleek steppers. A backup pair of Adidas Sambas may or may not be for the after-party…
How perfect are these work/party looks? Follow us on Pinterest to see more!