With the first week of December behind us, the time crunch for finding the perfect holiday getup becomes all too real. Going beyond the classic outfit dilemma — a sequined dress or LBD, party pumps or d’Orsay flats? — the real doozy is figuring out how to go from a long day at the office to post-work celebration just like that. Because showing up in a stuffy button-down and trousers simply isn’t an option, we’ve put together 12 next-level boardroom essentials that will straight-up stun come happy hour. And the best part: No outfit switcheroo required!
1. Black Halo Joaquin Jumpsuit ($390): Show ’em who’s boss with this red-hot jumpsuit. Test drive it around the office with a smart blazer and minimal bling — think: simple drop earrings or dainty finger jewels — before ditching the blazer altogether for a holiday bar crawl.
2. & Other Stories Embellished Blouse ($95): Getting dressed in the morning is a cinch when you have an embellished blouse this fancy in your arsenal. Team it up with a blazer, sequined pencil skirt and chunky block heels for a day of meetings. Once it’s cocktail hour, a bold, red lip and classy topknot will have you ready to party in style.
3. J.Crew Pleated Midi Skirt in Metallic ($128): Meet the swoon-inducing, metallic skirt that will quickly become your hero piece in disguise. Style it with a chambray shirt, an oversized fisherman sweater or even an “ugly” holiday jumper if that’s your jam.
4. Banana Republic Scalloped White Silk Blouse ($98): For an ultra-femme accent, look no further than this scalloped silk blouse that’s perfect for black-tie affairs. Slip it on along with a black leather skirt and some sparkly diamond studs for a business-professional look that doesn’t mess around.
5. Topshop Pleated Awkward Length Trousers ($60): For a coveted off-duty look that still reads corporate, these metallic pleated trousers are everything. Edge up your look without getting into trouble with HR by opting for a sequined sweater and some strappy-heeled sandals.
6. H&M Sleeveless Peplum Top ($50): A structured peplum will always do you right when it comes to intimate dinner parties. Style this luxe emerald green option with a bejeweled statement necklace and bow pumps for a look that will definitely turn some heads.
7. J.Crew Collection Starry Sequin Romper ($695): Yes, wearing a sequined romper to work may sound risqué (‘cause it is), but don’t let that stop you from pulling off a major sartorial “do.” Pair this party-approved piece with a velvet jacket, black opaque tights and ankle booties for a one-and-done look sure to win you a compliment (or two) around the water cooler.
8. BR Monogram Gold Blazer ($198): Get ready to pull out all the stops with this menswear-inspired staple that will serve you well time and time again. Channel your inner Jenna Lyons by layering this tailored gold blazer over a crisp button-down, printed pants and pointy-toe pumps.
9. Lovers + Friends Off-Duty Embellished Sweatshirt ($188): Yes, you can wear a sweatshirt to the office, party-hopping and everything in between. Style this Balmain-esque number with a sleek, midi-length sweater skirt and some over-the-knee boots.
10. Pixie Market Black Lace Culottes ($82): From the streets to the boardroom, dressy culottes are just the thing for lazy girls who want nothing more than a non-fussy, casual-Friday getup. Trimmed with lace, this black pair will look ah-mazing with an embellished top or a pussybow blouse and an accessory in the form of a sparkly cocktail ring or minaudière clutch.
11. Reformation Joni Dress ($278): Spotted: The quintessential green suede dress to solidify your cool-girl status. Layer this game changer over a striped turtleneck sweater and slip on some metallic brogues for a considerably gamine look.
12. Hei Hei Gamma Sequined Joggers ($178): For holiday dinner parties where you know you’ll be eating + toasting the night away, these sequin joggers with a drawstring waist (!) will be a godsend. Keep the athleisure vibe going with a cool kimono jacket and some sleek steppers. A backup pair of Adidas Sambas may or may not be for the after-party…
How perfect are these work/party looks? Follow us on Pinterest to see more!