10 Power Suits for Every #Girlboss
Do us a quick favor: Go to your closet, open it and tell us what you see. (Go ahead. We’ll wait.) Alright, if you’re faced with tans, blacks and blahs… eww. Shut those closet doors and lay your eyes on this: We’re beating your workwear blues by presenting you with some power suit inspo that’ll have you talking the talk and walking the walk — the talk and the walk being pure #girlboss.
1. Monotone Madness: You might not be quite ready to go waltzing into the office in a screaming red suit sans shirt under your coat (SOMEDAY DREAMZ), so let’s start off by trying this: Layer a load of neutral with contrasting textures alongside one another. The results will be simply stunning. Bonus points if you add some stellar sunnies. (via Gorgeautiful)
2. Push the Hemline: Boring black suit, we never even knew ya. A blazer and short combo is such a fresh take. You can even try this look on the weekends when you’re brunching with the gals. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
3. Highwaisted Trousers: We completely adore this silhouette, and the royal blue works on all skin tones. The next time you’re shopping, look for bright colors that won’t break the bank but will break the monotony of black. How adorable is her crown braid? (via WhoWhatWear)
4. Rock Your Accessories: A bold clutch, sassy baubles and cute broaches makes the basic black suit anything but basic… and you might not even have to spend a dime to make this look come together. Start rummaging through your accessory drawer! (via Fashion Telegraph)
5. Cheery Colors: Next time you get a case of the Mondays, pop on a colorful suit set. You’ll be a ball of sunshine at work. Just remember, when wearing bright colors, a bare face is all you need! (via Sassy Saffy, image via Don’t Be Rash)
6. Lady in Red: The color of absolute femininity and sophistication — pop on a contrasting wool coat to color block your look. Our favorite combos? Red and navy blue, red and baby pink and red with heather gray. (via All Things Stylish)
What’s your favorite remedy for the business causal blues? Comment below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)