33 Gifts a Pregnant Woman Actually Wants
So your bestie just announced she’s pregnant, and she’s already drowning in the cute onesies and nursery room essentials. While we’re fans of decking out your baby’s wardrobe and their playroom, we know your pregnant friend is the real star of the show. We’ve got 30 essential presents for all the fab preggo ladies in your life.
1. Mambino Organics Bun in the Oven Skincare Set ($31): Made without parabens or sulfates, this nourishing and moisturizing skin care line will give her one less thing to worry about.
2. Leachro Pregnancy Pillow ($49): Help your favorite preggo get some blissful sleep… at least until she has to run to the bathroom again.
3. Wusic Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor ($57): This gadget is so freaking cool. It allows mama to check on her baby’s heartbeat without visiting the doctor, which is key in the early stages of pregnancy when baby isn’t moving around yet. There’s even a cable splitter so daddy can tune into the magical sound of heartbeats at the same time.
4. Bundle Organics Prenatal Juice Variety Pack ($15): These tasty juices are packed with folic acid, calcium, vitamin D, and omega-3s — basically everything a pregnant woman needs to stay healthy and energetic.
6. Tummydrops Ginger ($14, bag of 30 drops): These all natural ginger drops were developed with GI doctors and can help with bouts of morning sickness (or motion sickness).
7. The Belly Book ($17): This book will guide you through all nine months of your pregnancy, helping a mom-to-be document everything from growing belly pictures and weird food cravings.
8. Burt’s Bees Belly Butter ($17): This moisturizing blend of shea, cocoa, and jojoba butters can be used during and after pregnancy to soften the skin and help with stretch marks. It’s also fragrance-free, so it will be safe for any mom-to-be who finds herself with a heightened sense of smell.
9. Skip Hop Duo Diaper Bag Tote ($65): It’s inevitable that a new parent will be not carrying a diaper bag, but at least help them carry one that’s stylish. This Skip Hop bag comes with a changing pad and has numerous compartments and pockets to keep all the baby things organized, as well as adjustable straps.
10. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor ($230): This baby monitor has an LCD display and interchangeable lenses to help customize any and all baby viewing options.
11. Traditional Medicinals Organic Pregnancy Herbal Tea ($12 for 32 bags): For any pregnant woman who is trying to cut out caffeine, these teas have a combination of raspberry and herbs to help replace that daily coffee fix.
12. The Big Fat Activity Book for Pregnant People by Jordan Reid ($16): Does the mom-to-be depend on you to keep her laughing through the thick of it? This pregnancy activity book is not only hilarious; it will also stand out in a pile of onesies gifted at your friend’s baby shower.
13. MadeMother Pregnancy Compression Socks ($20): During your friend’s pregnancy, blood will be flowing at a higher volume, which can cause discomfort (especially during long car rides). These compression socks reduce swelling when your buddy’s belly gets balloon-sized.
14. powerliftingchica Pregnancy Tank ($23): If your yoga buddy gets preggers, encourage her to come to classes with you by gifting her this super soft, workout-friendly pregnancy tank.
15. Bump Box Subscription ($50 per box): Give the gift that keeps on giving as that baby keeps on growing. Bump Boxes include a lot of the items featured in this article, plus coupons to other helpful services the mom-to-be might not already know about. There’s one for every trimester: first, second, third, and fourth (AKA new moms).
16. The Sh!t No One Tells You by Dawn Dais ($16): This helpful and humorous guide will be a lifeline for that first year of motherhood.
17. ReviveYourBath Alfalfa Muscle Soak ($15): Get your bestie relaxing at the end of a long day when she adds this mix of alfalfa leaf powder, Epsom salt, and lavender to her warm bath. Her sore muscles will be extra grateful for this thoughtful gift.
18. Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow ($52): Help that bump be comfy and supported whether your friend is she’s sleeping, reading, or Netflixing.
19. WaylonJamesco Mom Brain T-Shirt ($16): If she’s got serious pregnancy brain, get her this shirt so she won’t have to explain why things keep slipping her mind.
20. Bringing Up Bébé by Pamela Druckerman ($18): There’s a reason why French children tend to be well-behaved, and it has to do with French parents. This best-selling book provides some insights on a different take on parenting, written from the perspective of an American living in France.
21. Fertile Mind Belly Belt Combo Kit ($20): She has already sacrificed margaritas and soft cheeses (how tragic!), but with this belly belt, she won’t have to give up her favorite jeans just yet.
22. Bjingles Heartbeat Baby Monitor ($54): This heartbeat monitor comes with two headphones and allows you to record the baby’s heartbeat. There’s an accompanying Bjingles app that allows the mom-to-be to create an album, play jingles, record messages, and more.
23. Kiwi Maternity Pre-Packed Maternity Hospital Bag ($130): The only things you’ll need to add to this hospital-ready bag that’s full of post-delivery essentials are cozy pajamas and an outfit for the baby.
24. What to Expect When You’re Expecting by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel ($16): This best-seller is probably on every bookshelf of every mom you’ve ever met. Make sure your mommy-to-be friend has her own copy, which answers every question she could ever think of related to her pregnancy.
25. GorgeousSoap Arnica Salve Natural Relief Balm ($9): This plant-based balm can be used to relieve chest congestion, pesky bug bites, headaches, and everyday ache and pains. Is there anything it can’t do?
26. Sea-Band Acupressure Wristbands ($13): Has pregnancy plagued her with morning sickness, or even worse, all-day sickness? This all-natural, drug-free solution targets special pressure points to relieve her nausea. Pair it with a pack of saltines and you’ll be her new favorite person.
27. Everly Gray Belinda Maternity/Nursing Robe & Chemise Set ($88): We’re big believers in the idea that if you look good, then you feel good. Get her out of those old sweats and into one of these jersey nightie and robe sets, and she’ll be feeling like her glam self in no time.
28. Pink Stork Flakes Bath Salts ($22): These bath salts are made from the therapeutic Dead Sea and can help with morning sickness, sleep quality, and stress reduction.
29. UGG Ansley Slippers ($100): Wrap her swollen feet in these moccasin slippers made of waterproof suede and lined with plush shearling wool. These babies are the ultimate combo of comfort and style.
31. The Whole 9 Months by Jennifer Lang ($16): If your friend is the type who loves to cook but needs a little healthy inspiration, this book has nutritional information, 100 easy recipes, and pregnancy tricks to help her eat for two. It’s written by an OB-GYN with a forward from celeb mom Jessica Alba.
32. Three Lollies Preggie Pop Drops ($4, Box of 21): These individually wrapped drops are perfect to keep in your pockets or purse whenever morning sickness strikes. They’re made with essential oils of fruit and plant botanicals and come in four tasty flavors — sour raspberry, green apple, sour tangerine, and sour lemon.
33. Kindred Bravely Non-Skid Maternity Socks ($10): Pregnancy is tough, and sometimes the best thing to do is to have a good sense of humor about it. These comfy socks are perfect for walking around at home or in the hospital, and they have cute messages on the sole to remind her of how awesome she is.
Always searching for the perfect give to give family, friends, and loved ones? Follow us on Pinterest for more thoughtful gift ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.