Pressure cookers used to have a bit of a bad rap. There was a time when these contraptions didn’t have the safety features that they have now and caused quite a bit of anxiety because, well, explosions. But thanks to today’s modern technology, the pressure cooker is now *packed* with safety features and is being used by ambitious home cooks regularly. They’re great at speed-cooking just about anything, from tender roasts to hearty soups. So set your slow cooker aside, because we’ve got 14 pressure cooker recipes that will bring a much-needed Sunday dinner to your table in the middle of the week.
1. Barbacoa Beef: If spicy and smokey flavors are your jam, then you’re going to want to add this gem to your list. Tender shredded beef is braised in a punchy blend of chipotle adobo and cumin. Serve it over rice and top it off with your fave crispy veggies. (via Skinny Taste)
2. Vegan Lentil Chili: Chili is one of the most coveted comfort foods, and it’s always a great feeling to have it simmering away on the stovetop or in the slow cooker. But… what if you want it now? This recipe gives you a quick and easy way to whip up a flavorful chili in no time. (via Peas and Crayons)
3. Pressure Cooker Green Chili Pork Carnitas: Sometimes a speedy dinner is just what you need — especially throughout the week. Thanks to the pressure cooker, you can still bring a cozy and substantial meal to the table. These deliciously moist pork carnitas are a dream, and your family will forever dub you their superhero. (via Kitschen Cat)
4. Instant Pot Whole “Rotisserie” Chicken: The thought of treating your family to a whole rotisserie chicken on a weeknight sounds ridiculous, but if you have an Instant Pot, you’re in luck. This rotisserie-style chicken only takes 45 minutes start to finish. (via A Pinch of Healthy)
5. Haddock in Creamy Tomato Broth With Potatoes, Carrots and Kale: If you thought elegant meals took a lot of time and patience, think again. This gorgeous dish sets a flaky fillet of cod in a savory tomato broth, and the process is completely fuss-free. (via Health Starts in the Kitchen)
6. Beef Masala Curry: Nothing warms the belly quite like a heaping bowl of curry. Filled with aromatic spices and melt-in-your-mouth beef, this comforting dish can be on your table in less than an hour. (via Gastro Senses)
7. Sweet Soy Sauce Shredded Chicken Breast: Imagine your dinner prep taking a measly five minutes, and it’s not even from a can! It’s totally possible with this succulent pile of shredded chicken drenched in a crave-worthy sticky Asian sauce. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
8. Rosemary Black-Eyed Pea Soup With Kale: This fragrant and healthful soup is the perfect remedy for these dark and chilly post-holiday evenings. The coconut milk and fresh rosemary will fill your home with an amazing aroma as you wait a whopping 25 minutes to dig in. (via Light Orange Bean)
9. Pressure Cooker Lamb Leg: Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply want to treat the family to something warming and new, lamb leg is a great option. This recipe gives you three different ways to serve this impressive yet hassle-free dish. (via Omnivore’s Cookbook)
10. Pressure Cooker French Dip Bowls: If you love a classic French dip sandwich, then you need this yummy recipe in your life. This dish brings all of that beef-y goodness to a bowl so you can curl up on the couch with it and dig in. Pile it over some fluffy mashed potatoes and a hunk of fresh bread. (via Chattavore)
11. Pressure Cooker Ropa Vieja: This quick and easy spin on the traditional Cuban beef dish is a dream, and it’s no bother to make. Packed with ingredients like tomatoes, bell peppers, capers and raisins, this dish gives your palate a treat with everything smokey, sweet and briny. (via A Calculated Whisk)
12. Pressure Cooker Sweet BBQ Meatballs: If you’re looking for an easy yet tasty game day snack, these sweet BBQ meatballs are a win. The unique blend of grape jelly and BBQ sauce creates a sweet and savory gravy that is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. (via Pressure Cooking Today)
13. Pressure Cooker Oxtail Stew: If you’ve never worked with oxtail before, fear not! It’s comparable to braised beef short ribs or shanks, but with *extra* flavor. It does extremely well in a pressure cooker, and this recipe proves it with this chunky belly-warming stew. (via Gastro Senses)
14. General Tso’s Instant Pot Shredded Chicken: This mouth-watering shredded chicken is drenched in a slightly spicy sweet and sour sauce and it is addicting AF. This stuff is as versatile as it is quick, leaving you with the option to serve it in a low-carb lettuce wrap, over a bed of rice or over noodles. (via Pressure Cooker Recipes)
Follow us on Pinterest for more quick and easy weeknight meals.