14 Queso Recipes Just in Time for Football Season
Fall means changing leaves, sweaters, apple cider and mouthwatering pumpkin treats. More importantly, it means football season and most importantly it means (drumroll please) insanely decadent tailgating snacks. While there’s nothing like a giant plate of nachos or juicy chicken wings, there’s just something about a gooey, spicy bowl of queso that gets us every time. It’s the comfort food we dream about long after football season is over. Read on for our creamiest, cheesiest, meltiest queso picks.
1. Classic Slow-Cooker Queso: It doesn’t get more traditional than this. Inspired by Chili’s famous dip, this queso contains Velveeta cheese and canned chili. It’s as tasty as the real deal, and now you can enjoy it on the sofa while cheering on your team. (via Creme de la Crumb)
4. Hot Sauce Queso: For those who like a little spice in their life, check out this recipe for an extra hot dip. Simply add in your favorite hot sauce and be sure to have plenty of cold beer on hand to wash it down. (via Brit + Co)
5. Skillet Black Bean Queso: Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to pack an extra punch into your queso, this black bean version is here for you. Spoiler alert: This recipe uses cream cheese to make everything extra creamy. We’ve died and gone to queso heaven. (via Peas & Crayons)
8. Vegan Queso: We never thought a vegan “cheese” dip could be so velvety and creamy until we met this one. Eggplant is the star player in this super healthy alternative, and we can’t get enough. This one is also delicious with freshly baked pita chips. (via Minimalist Baker)
9. Creamy Queso With Chorizo: This dip gives you the best of both worlds: super creamy cheese dip matched with spicy savory chorizo sausage. Stock up on ingredients, because your guests will be begging for a second batch by halftime. (via Bon Appétit)
10. Pumpkin Queso Fundido: For the ultimate seasonal treat, take this pumpkin version for a spin. Plus, you have an excuse to add the extra festive touch of serving it in a pumpkin bowl. (via Food Network)
11. Roasted Broccoli and White Cheddar Queso Fundido: If you ever found yourself wishing that broccoli-cheddar bake had just a little more of the cheddar part, then this queso is for you. A generous dose of garlic and shallots gives this dip an extra flavor boost. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
12. Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Queso: Roast butternut squash until it’s all caramelized, tender and sweet and blend it with tangy goat cheese. Since it’s mostly veggies, you can basically call this dip a salad. Yes, that means it’s totally fine to eat it for dinner. (via How Sweet It Is)
13. Leftover Turkey Queso: Football is the ultimate Thanksgiving tradition. Now this queso can be too with this recipe. In fact, it’s so good that you may find yourself making turkeys all year long. (via Brit + Co)
What are your go-to Sunday football indulgences? We want to hear about them! Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.