14 Queso Recipes Just in Time for Football Season
Fall means changing leaves, sweaters, apple cider and mouthwatering pumpkin treats. More importantly, it means football season and most importantly it means (drumroll please) insanely decadent tailgating snacks. While there’s nothing like a giant plate of nachos or juicy chicken wings, there’s just something about a gooey, spicy bowl of queso that gets us every time. It’s the comfort food we dream about long after football season is over. Read on for our creamiest, cheesiest, meltiest queso picks.
1. Classic Slow-Cooker Queso: It doesn’t get more traditional than this. Inspired by Chili’s famous dip, this queso contains Velveeta cheese and canned chili. It’s as tasty as the real deal, and now you can enjoy it on the sofa while cheering on your team. (via Creme de la Crumb)
4. Hot Sauce Queso: For those who like a little spice in their life, check out this recipe for an extra hot dip. Simply add in your favorite hot sauce and be sure to have plenty of cold beer on hand to wash it down. (via Brit + Co)
5. Skillet Black Bean Queso: Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to pack an extra punch into your queso, this black bean version is here for you. Spoiler alert: This recipe uses cream cheese to make everything extra creamy. We’ve died and gone to queso heaven. (via Peas & Crayons)
8. Vegan Queso: We never thought a vegan “cheese” dip could be so velvety and creamy until we met this one. Eggplant is the star player in this super healthy alternative, and we can’t get enough. This one is also delicious with freshly baked pita chips. (via Minimalist Baker)
9. Creamy Queso With Chorizo: This dip gives you the best of both worlds: super creamy cheese dip matched with spicy savory chorizo sausage. Stock up on ingredients, because your guests will be begging for a second batch by halftime. (via Bon Appétit)
10. Pumpkin Queso Fundido: For the ultimate seasonal treat, take this pumpkin version for a spin. Plus, you have an excuse to add the extra festive touch of serving it in a pumpkin bowl. (via Food Network)
11. Roasted Broccoli and White Cheddar Queso Fundido: If you ever found yourself wishing that broccoli-cheddar bake had just a little more of the cheddar part, then this queso is for you. A generous dose of garlic and shallots gives this dip an extra flavor boost. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
12. Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Queso: Roast butternut squash until it’s all caramelized, tender and sweet and blend it with tangy goat cheese. Since it’s mostly veggies, you can basically call this dip a salad. Yes, that means it’s totally fine to eat it for dinner. (via How Sweet It Is)
13. Leftover Turkey Queso: Football is the ultimate Thanksgiving tradition. Now this queso can be too with this recipe. In fact, it’s so good that you may find yourself making turkeys all year long. (via Brit + Co)
What are your go-to Sunday football indulgences? We want to hear about them! Tell us in the comments below.