15 Beautiful Sapphire Engagement Rings to Make You Say Bye to Diamonds
If you’ve browsed Pinterest or Etsy lately, you’ve probably noticed that sapphire engagement rings are crazy popular — and not just in blue. These days, you can find sapphire colors you didn’t even know existed, from frosty pink to tea green. “Light peach has been a big success for the last few years,” says the owner of Eidel Precious jewelry, who goes only by Eidel. “Now I [have] started to introduce light teal (blue green, close to aquamarine in color) and light jasmine green. Customers who are after a sapphire engagement ring want something different; they want to stand out.”
And stand out, they do — even in the celebrity sphere. The most famous sapphire is undoubtedly Kate Middleton’s iconic blue stone surrounded by diamonds, first worn by Princess Diana. And you can’t miss Jenny McCarthy’s sparkling yellow sapphire or Elizabeth Hurley’s square-cut blue version of the September birthstone.
You may be wondering if sapphires are built to last ’til death do us part. The answer is a resounding yes. On the Mohs Scale of Hardness (the standard used to measure the durability of gemstones), sapphires rank a nine compared with diamonds at 10. “Sapphire is the next natural stone close to diamond in durability and sparkle, but the price is much more affordable,” Eidel says. “People are attracted [to] the combination of variety of colors, brilliance, beauty and price.”
These magical sapphires will change your mind about that whole “diamonds are a girl’s best friend” thing.
1. Green Sapphire and Black Rhodium Ring ($2,750 for setting only): This vintage-inspired ring features a 14K yellow gold setting and black rhodium that perfectly complements the smokey green sapphire in the middle.
2. Padparadscha Sapphire Ring ($15,000): Padparadschas are among the rarest and priciest kind of sapphire, and resemble the pink-orange color of a lotus flower. What’s not to love about this 10.3-carat oval beauty?
3. Green Tea Sapphire Ring ($1,900): This light green sapphire is made all the more beautiful with diamonds surrounding it in a rose gold setting.
4. French Sapphire Diamond Platinum Engagement Ring ($6,999): Those who want an extra-unique ring will fall hard for this art deco design with a mix of diamonds and blue sapphires.
5. Champagne Peach Sapphire Ring ($2,500): Romantic brides will love this soft champagne peach sapphire with rose gold.
6. Sapphire and Diamond Band ($9,025): This sapphire and diamond band is the perfect pick for those who don’t like large center stones.
7. Cultured Blue Sapphire Ring ($1,970): This modern ring features a light blue cultured sapphire that gives it a raw, earthy look.
8. White Sapphire Engagement Ring ($1,490): The diamond halo surrounding this white sapphire makes for quite a stunner at a very affordable price.
9. Lavender Sapphire Solitaire Ring ($815): Don’t underestimate the simplistic beauty of this solitaire lavender sapphire in a rose gold setting.
10. Raw Uncut Pink Sapphire Ring ($195): Brides who want to swap a little sparkle for a modern design will love this raw hot pink sapphire.
11. Blue Green Sapphire Engagement Ring ($1,800): This pear-shaped, peacock-colored sapphire ring screams royalty.
12. Blue Sapphire Wedding Band Set ($640): The minimalist bride will love the subtle beauty of this blue sapphire band.
13. Sapphire Eternity Ring ($300): This blue sapphire ring against classic yellow gold is dainty and stackable.
14. Peach Sapphire Ring ($8,750): The 4.72-carat peach sapphire says it all. But the diamonds on the side don’t hurt, either.
15. Buttery Yellow Sapphire Ring ($2,999): Buttery yellow — even the description is amazing for this sapphire stunner set in platinum and flanked by diamonds.
Do you have (or want) a sapphire engagement ring? Let us know in the comments.
(Photo via Chris Jackson Staff/Getty)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.