15 Beautiful Sapphire Engagement Rings to Make You Say Bye to Diamonds
If you’ve browsed Pinterest or Etsy lately, you’ve probably noticed that sapphire engagement rings are crazy popular — and not just in blue. These days, you can find sapphire colors you didn’t even know existed, from frosty pink to tea green. “Light peach has been a big success for the last few years,” says the owner of Eidel Precious jewelry, who goes only by Eidel. “Now I [have] started to introduce light teal (blue green, close to aquamarine in color) and light jasmine green. Customers who are after a sapphire engagement ring want something different; they want to stand out.”
And stand out, they do — even in the celebrity sphere. The most famous sapphire is undoubtedly Kate Middleton’s iconic blue stone surrounded by diamonds, first worn by Princess Diana. And you can’t miss Jenny McCarthy’s sparkling yellow sapphire or Elizabeth Hurley’s square-cut blue version of the September birthstone.
You may be wondering if sapphires are built to last ’til death do us part. The answer is a resounding yes. On the Mohs Scale of Hardness (the standard used to measure the durability of gemstones), sapphires rank a nine compared with diamonds at 10. “Sapphire is the next natural stone close to diamond in durability and sparkle, but the price is much more affordable,” Eidel says. “People are attracted [to] the combination of variety of colors, brilliance, beauty and price.”
These magical sapphires will change your mind about that whole “diamonds are a girl’s best friend” thing.
1. Green Sapphire and Black Rhodium Ring ($2,750 for setting only): This vintage-inspired ring features a 14K yellow gold setting and black rhodium that perfectly complements the smokey green sapphire in the middle.
2. Padparadscha Sapphire Ring ($15,000): Padparadschas are among the rarest and priciest kind of sapphire, and resemble the pink-orange color of a lotus flower. What’s not to love about this 10.3-carat oval beauty?
3. Green Tea Sapphire Ring ($1,900): This light green sapphire is made all the more beautiful with diamonds surrounding it in a rose gold setting.
4. French Sapphire Diamond Platinum Engagement Ring ($6,999): Those who want an extra-unique ring will fall hard for this art deco design with a mix of diamonds and blue sapphires.
5. Champagne Peach Sapphire Ring ($2,500): Romantic brides will love this soft champagne peach sapphire with rose gold.
6. Sapphire and Diamond Band ($9,025): This sapphire and diamond band is the perfect pick for those who don’t like large center stones.
7. Cultured Blue Sapphire Ring ($1,970): This modern ring features a light blue cultured sapphire that gives it a raw, earthy look.
8. White Sapphire Engagement Ring ($1,490): The diamond halo surrounding this white sapphire makes for quite a stunner at a very affordable price.
9. Lavender Sapphire Solitaire Ring ($815): Don’t underestimate the simplistic beauty of this solitaire lavender sapphire in a rose gold setting.
10. Raw Uncut Pink Sapphire Ring ($195): Brides who want to swap a little sparkle for a modern design will love this raw hot pink sapphire.
11. Blue Green Sapphire Engagement Ring ($1,800): This pear-shaped, peacock-colored sapphire ring screams royalty.
12. Blue Sapphire Wedding Band Set ($640): The minimalist bride will love the subtle beauty of this blue sapphire band.
13. Sapphire Eternity Ring ($300): This blue sapphire ring against classic yellow gold is dainty and stackable.
14. Peach Sapphire Ring ($8,750): The 4.72-carat peach sapphire says it all. But the diamonds on the side don’t hurt, either.
15. Buttery Yellow Sapphire Ring ($2,999): Buttery yellow — even the description is amazing for this sapphire stunner set in platinum and flanked by diamonds.
Do you have (or want) a sapphire engagement ring? Let us know in the comments.
(Photo via Chris Jackson Staff/Getty)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.