32 Fun School Lunch Ideas for the Kiddos
We know… coming up with yummy and interesting school lunch ideas every single day is hard. That’s why we’re here to help! Here are 32 seriously delish treats your little ones will gobble right up. Not only are they easy to make, but most of them are also pretty darn healthy, too. Hey, we won’t tell if you don’t!
3. Sandwich Kebabs: Forget the typical sandwich format. Instead, skewer squares of whole wheat bread, heart-shaped cheese chunks, lettuce, tomato and your kiddies’ favorite protein to create these fun deconstructed sammies. (via Eat. Drink. Love.)
4. Coconut Oat-Crusted Chicken Nuggets: All kids (and most adults) love chicken nuggets. Next time your little one has a craving for some nuggz, try this better-for-you oat-crusted nugget recipe, complete with pomegranate dipping sauce. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
5. Peanut Butter, Banana and Strawberry Quesadillas: These sweet quesadillas are an awesome alternative to the classic PB+J. For an extra special treat, spread on a layer of Nutella! (via Ambitious Kitchen)
7. Blueberry and Pomegranate Smoothie: If your little one doesn’t like snacking on whole pieces of fruit, think about whipping up a sweet fruit smoothie, like this antioxidant-packed blueberry and pomegranate blend, in their thermos. (via In Sock Monkey Slippers)
9. Homemade Lunchables: The allure of Lunchables may be strong, but this unhealthy lunch option isn’t going to make it into our kiddies’ lunchboxes no matter how much they plead with us! Instead, we’ll be creating our own Lunchables-inspired pack, complete with whole wheat crackers and fresh fruit. (via Don’t Waste the Crumbs)
13. Cold Italian Pasta: Don’t forget to add some color and design to your little ones’ midday meal to encourage them to eat every last bite. This cold pasta meal brings some brightness thanks to the peas and fresh nectarines, and how great are those fruit leather flowers??? (via Meet the Dubiens)
14. Healthy Sour Watermelon Gummies: Not all sour gummy candies are bad for you. Make these sour watermelon men at home so you can control what you put in your kids’ sweet and sour treats. (via Meatified)
15. Green Mac and Cheese: Mac and cheese is a foolproof option, but next time, add in some spinach, broccoli florets and peas to create a green mac and cheese that is both delicious and packed with nutrients. (via Weelicious)
18. Vermicelli With Green Peas and Potatoes: If your kiddie has more adventurous taste buds, send them to school with this vermicelli, made with mustard seeds, turmeric and cilantro. (via Always Hungry)
21. Sandwich Skewers: These mini bite-size sandwiches are super cute, and they’re easy to share! Add some pretzel and carrots sticks to your little one’s lunchbox to complete the meal. (via Bon Appetit)
What’s your little one’s favorite lunch treat? Tell us about it below!