See How 8 Celebs Are Repping Their Countries for the Rio Olympics
Last night’s Olympics opening ceremony had everyone feeling next-level excitement for the 2016 Rio games, and we do mean everyone: Even celebs weren’t immune to the sudden burst of patriotic pride one felt watching their country’s finest athletes make their collective (carpool karaoke?) debut. From Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, who donned the official opening ceremony flagbearer getups for the occasion, to Gisele Bundchen, who made Brazil proud when she set a record for the longest catwalk ever strutted on her last ever runway, these eight celebs were as patriotic as they come, repping their countries with verve. Check out their motivating posts below!
1. Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis: Ashton and Mila have been known to cheer on a sporting event or two in their time, attending everything from Lakers games to rodeos, so it comes as no real surprise that these two were raring to support Team USA — despite Mila’s Ukranian heritage. Rocking the official opening ceremony (light-up) jackets, Ashton wrote, “Arm chair Olympians. Go team USA!!! We got your back. Ty for the blazers @ralphlauren. #liketolight”
2. Gisele Bundchen: Where America has super duo Ashton and Mila in its corner, Brazil has former VS angel Gisele Bundchen. She dominated last night’s opening ceremony buzz when she came out of retirement for her record-breaking walk, posting this pic along with the following message to her account: “It was very exciting to be part of this special moment. Everyone involved worked with dedication and passion to create a show that gave the world a glimpse of our history and Brazil’s essence. It was beautifully presented. Our Brazilian community is hardworking, cheerful and welcoming. I believe we showed the world the beauty of our diversity.”
3. Alessandra Ambrosio: Gisele wasn’t the only Brazilian model having her moment in the sun: Alessandria Ambrosio also performed country honors by carrying the Olympic torch, writing, “I’m so proud and grateful to be Brazilian and to represent my country!!! What an epic moment for me…”
4. Ryan Seacrest: By the same token, Ashton and Mila weren’t the only ones donning those Ralph Lauren blazers! Ryan Seacrest also busted out the navy number, posting this shot of himself in it watching all the Olympic antics. “*beaming* with pride watching @teamusa.”
5. Eliza Dushku: There was no mistaking who Bring It On star Eliza Dushku was rooting for after she posted this fireworks-filled story, writing, “Pretty obvious. #olympic #wallclimbers #boulder on, kid us.”
6. Jessica Alba: Jessica enjoyed the opening ceremony with her family, adding a star-spangled filter to her adorable Instagram story and saying, “We are so excited about this year’s Olympics! Go @kerrileewalsh Go team #usa.”
7. Leslie Jones: Leslie kept last night’s patriotic spirit going strong today, dressing up specifically for the occasion in this BEYOND festive, all American apparel (pun intended). “I’M READY FOR THEM OLYMPICS MANE,” she wrote. She wasn’t kidding — she’s posted eight more vids since, giving us all a play-by-play of team USA’s high points. Biggest Olympic fan ever, right here.
Who do you think did their country most proud? Tell us over on Twitter!
(Featured photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)