See How 8 Celebs Are Repping Their Countries for the Rio Olympics
Last night’s Olympics opening ceremony had everyone feeling next-level excitement for the 2016 Rio games, and we do mean everyone: Even celebs weren’t immune to the sudden burst of patriotic pride one felt watching their country’s finest athletes make their collective (carpool karaoke?) debut. From Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, who donned the official opening ceremony flagbearer getups for the occasion, to Gisele Bundchen, who made Brazil proud when she set a record for the longest catwalk ever strutted on her last ever runway, these eight celebs were as patriotic as they come, repping their countries with verve. Check out their motivating posts below!
1. Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis: Ashton and Mila have been known to cheer on a sporting event or two in their time, attending everything from Lakers games to rodeos, so it comes as no real surprise that these two were raring to support Team USA — despite Mila’s Ukranian heritage. Rocking the official opening ceremony (light-up) jackets, Ashton wrote, “Arm chair Olympians. Go team USA!!! We got your back. Ty for the blazers @ralphlauren. #liketolight”
View this post on Instagram
Foi muito emocionante fazer parte deste momento tão especial. Todos trabalharam com tanta dedicação e paixão para mostrar um pouco da nossa história e essência. E o fizeram tão lindamente. Nós somos um povo batalhador, alegre, acolhedor e acredito que mostramos ao mundo a beleza da nossa diversidade. #gratidão 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 It was very exciting to be part of this special moment. Everyone involved worked with dedication and passion to create a show that gave the world a glimpse of our history and Brazil's essence. It was beautifully presented. Our Brazilian community is hard working, cheerful, and welcoming.I believe that we showed the world the beauty of our diversity. #gratitude #riocidademaravilhosa #rio2016
A post shared by Gisele Bündchen (@gisele) on
2. Gisele Bundchen: Where America has super duo Ashton and Mila in its corner, Brazil has former VS angel Gisele Bundchen. She dominated last night’s opening ceremony buzz when she came out of retirement for her record-breaking walk, posting this pic along with the following message to her account: “It was very exciting to be part of this special moment. Everyone involved worked with dedication and passion to create a show that gave the world a glimpse of our history and Brazil’s essence. It was beautifully presented. Our Brazilian community is hardworking, cheerful and welcoming. I believe we showed the world the beauty of our diversity.”
View this post on Instagram
Today it was an honor to carry the Olympic torch!!! I'm so proud and grateful to be Brazilian and to represent my country !!!! What an Epic moment for me ... 💚🇧🇷💛 #rio2016 #Olympics #Brasil #thatsgold Hoje tive a honra de carregar a Tocha Olímpica! Eu me sinto muito agradecida e abençoada por ser brasileira e por representar o meu País! Foi um momento épico para mim... 🙏🇧🇷
A post shared by Alessandra Ambrosio (@alessandraambrosio) on
3. Alessandra Ambrosio: Gisele wasn’t the only Brazilian model having her moment in the sun: Alessandria Ambrosio also performed country honors by carrying the Olympic torch, writing, “I’m so proud and grateful to be Brazilian and to represent my country!!! What an epic moment for me…”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Ryan Seacrest (@ryanseacrest) on
4. Ryan Seacrest: By the same token, Ashton and Mila weren’t the only ones donning those Ralph Lauren blazers! Ryan Seacrest also busted out the navy number, posting this shot of himself in it watching all the Olympic antics. “*beaming* with pride watching @teamusa.”
5. Eliza Dushku: There was no mistaking who Bring It On star Eliza Dushku was rooting for after she posted this fireworks-filled story, writing, “Pretty obvious. #olympic #wallclimbers #boulder on, kid us.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jessica Alba (@jessicaalba) on
6. Jessica Alba: Jessica enjoyed the opening ceremony with her family, adding a star-spangled filter to her adorable Instagram story and saying, “We are so excited about this year’s Olympics! Go @kerrileewalsh Go team #usa.”
7. Leslie Jones: Leslie kept last night’s patriotic spirit going strong today, dressing up specifically for the occasion in this BEYOND festive, all American apparel (pun intended). “I’M READY FOR THEM OLYMPICS MANE,” she wrote. She wasn’t kidding — she’s posted eight more vids since, giving us all a play-by-play of team USA’s high points. Biggest Olympic fan ever, right here.
Who do you think did their country most proud? Tell us over on Twitter!
(Featured photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.