See How 8 Celebs Are Repping Their Countries for the Rio Olympics
Last night’s Olympics opening ceremony had everyone feeling next-level excitement for the 2016 Rio games, and we do mean everyone: Even celebs weren’t immune to the sudden burst of patriotic pride one felt watching their country’s finest athletes make their collective (carpool karaoke?) debut. From Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, who donned the official opening ceremony flagbearer getups for the occasion, to Gisele Bundchen, who made Brazil proud when she set a record for the longest catwalk ever strutted on her last ever runway, these eight celebs were as patriotic as they come, repping their countries with verve. Check out their motivating posts below!
1. Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis: Ashton and Mila have been known to cheer on a sporting event or two in their time, attending everything from Lakers games to rodeos, so it comes as no real surprise that these two were raring to support Team USA — despite Mila’s Ukranian heritage. Rocking the official opening ceremony (light-up) jackets, Ashton wrote, “Arm chair Olympians. Go team USA!!! We got your back. Ty for the blazers @ralphlauren. #liketolight”
View this post on Instagram
Foi muito emocionante fazer parte deste momento tão especial. Todos trabalharam com tanta dedicação e paixão para mostrar um pouco da nossa história e essência. E o fizeram tão lindamente. Nós somos um povo batalhador, alegre, acolhedor e acredito que mostramos ao mundo a beleza da nossa diversidade. #gratidão 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 It was very exciting to be part of this special moment. Everyone involved worked with dedication and passion to create a show that gave the world a glimpse of our history and Brazil's essence. It was beautifully presented. Our Brazilian community is hard working, cheerful, and welcoming.I believe that we showed the world the beauty of our diversity. #gratitude #riocidademaravilhosa #rio2016
A post shared by Gisele Bündchen (@gisele) on
2. Gisele Bundchen: Where America has super duo Ashton and Mila in its corner, Brazil has former VS angel Gisele Bundchen. She dominated last night’s opening ceremony buzz when she came out of retirement for her record-breaking walk, posting this pic along with the following message to her account: “It was very exciting to be part of this special moment. Everyone involved worked with dedication and passion to create a show that gave the world a glimpse of our history and Brazil’s essence. It was beautifully presented. Our Brazilian community is hardworking, cheerful and welcoming. I believe we showed the world the beauty of our diversity.”
View this post on Instagram
Today it was an honor to carry the Olympic torch!!! I'm so proud and grateful to be Brazilian and to represent my country !!!! What an Epic moment for me ... 💚🇧🇷💛 #rio2016 #Olympics #Brasil #thatsgold Hoje tive a honra de carregar a Tocha Olímpica! Eu me sinto muito agradecida e abençoada por ser brasileira e por representar o meu País! Foi um momento épico para mim... 🙏🇧🇷
A post shared by Alessandra Ambrosio (@alessandraambrosio) on
3. Alessandra Ambrosio: Gisele wasn’t the only Brazilian model having her moment in the sun: Alessandria Ambrosio also performed country honors by carrying the Olympic torch, writing, “I’m so proud and grateful to be Brazilian and to represent my country!!! What an epic moment for me…”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Ryan Seacrest (@ryanseacrest) on
4. Ryan Seacrest: By the same token, Ashton and Mila weren’t the only ones donning those Ralph Lauren blazers! Ryan Seacrest also busted out the navy number, posting this shot of himself in it watching all the Olympic antics. “*beaming* with pride watching @teamusa.”
5. Eliza Dushku: There was no mistaking who Bring It On star Eliza Dushku was rooting for after she posted this fireworks-filled story, writing, “Pretty obvious. #olympic #wallclimbers #boulder on, kid us.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jessica Alba (@jessicaalba) on
6. Jessica Alba: Jessica enjoyed the opening ceremony with her family, adding a star-spangled filter to her adorable Instagram story and saying, “We are so excited about this year’s Olympics! Go @kerrileewalsh Go team #usa.”
7. Leslie Jones: Leslie kept last night’s patriotic spirit going strong today, dressing up specifically for the occasion in this BEYOND festive, all American apparel (pun intended). “I’M READY FOR THEM OLYMPICS MANE,” she wrote. She wasn’t kidding — she’s posted eight more vids since, giving us all a play-by-play of team USA’s high points. Biggest Olympic fan ever, right here.
Who do you think did their country most proud? Tell us over on Twitter!
(Featured photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.