There’s absolutely nothing wrong with taking a sick day when you need it, but it’s totally normal to want to get back on your feet ASAP. You’re a busy woman, after all! You’ve probably tried eating chicken noodle soup and drinking plenty of green juice to make you feel better, but if those aren’t working, we have just what you need. Below you’ll find 15 recipes including cough drops, ice pops, and a hot toddy, that’ll have you feeling like yourself in no time.
2. Cold-Soothing Chai Hot Toddy: Your grandma wasn’t lying when she said that a hot toddy is the best cold medicine. This chai-spiced version adds even more warmth to the drink and will lull you into a peaceful night of sleep. (via Baking Mischief)
3. Honey Chamomile Popsicles: Honey and chamomile are two soothing ingredients for a sore throat or upset tummy. Keep them stored in the freezer, and you and your kids will be more than happy to snack on them while sick. (via Vanilla and Bean)
4. Easy 30-Minute Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup: You’ve got to have a solid chicken noodle soup recipe, no matter who you’re trying to nurse back to health. This one has plenty of protein, veggies, and comforting egg noodles to get your stomach settled. (via Averie Cooks)
5. Easy Homemade Sore Throat Gummies: These lemon, ginger, and honey gummies are better than any lozenge than you can get at the store. The natural ingredients will coat your throat and ease any annoying tickles or cough that you may have. (via Hello Creative Family)
6. All-Natural DIY Pineapple Cough Syrup: No more cough syrup at home? Go for this all-natural alternative. The combination of pineapple, cayenne, lemon, ginger, and honey is more than effective at keeping your coughs at bay. (via The View from Great Island)
7. Gingery Poached Egg Soup: Sometimes it’s hard to even eat chicken noodle soup when you’re feeling under the weather. This light version will be ready for you to sip in 15 minutes, and it won’t weigh too heavily on your stomach. (via The Kitchn)
8. Healing Bowls With Turmeric Sweet Potatoes, Poached Eggs, and Lemon Dressing: When you’re able to eat a little bit more, a big bowl of nourishing ingredients is what you need. This sweet potato and brown rice bowl is full of greens, poached egg, and a lemony dressing to help you feel like a million bucks. (via Pinch of Yum)
9. Healing Turmeric Cauliflower Soup: The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are just one of the reasons this soup is perfect for healing your sick body. If you’re having any trouble swallowing, the smooth texture will be easy for you to get down and digest. (via Simply Quinoa)
10. Immune Boosting Garden Herb Stock: Once you get over your illness, you need to do everything you can to keep your immune system up. This nutritious stock is full of vitamins and minerals that you can drink straight or add to just about any dish you like. (via Om Nom Ally)
11. Immunity Shots: You could go to a fancy juice bar to get an immune-boosting shot or you could make one at home for a fraction of the cost, and you won’t have to get out of your pajamas. Use your blender or juicer to combine carrot, ginger, lemon, and garlic together into a cold-blooded flu killer. (via With Food and Love)
13. Moon Milk: Getting a good night’s sleep is one of the hardest things to do while you’re sick. This antioxidant-rich warm moon milk recipe features nutmeg and ashwagandha, both of which are known for lulling you into a restful slumber. (via Bon Appetit)
15. Triple Berry Kiwi Smoothie: Who needs a multivitamin when you could just drink this smoothie every day? One kiwi has over 100 percent of your daily requirement of vitamin C, so you know that you’ll stay healthy through flu season with this as your breakfast. (via The Pretty Bee)
Follow us on Pinterest for more feel-better remedies!